Age criteria for admission to LKG in CBSE Schools Chennai

My son is around 3 year old. He is born on 03 of January 2009. I enquired Some of the CBSE schools in Chennai about the correct age for getting admission to LKG, they said he should have completed 3 and ½ as on 1/06/2012.

By next June 2012 he will be 3 yrs and 5 months old. My worry is will they admit my son to LKG this year or he should have to wait till next year for the LKG admissions.

Please suggest me some good CBSE Schools in Velachery - Chennai
  • #80677
    Basically you can take this in two ways. You can get admission for your child in one or the other school but age is an important criteria not at the initial levels of education, it is at a time when your child reaches 10th standard. Hence first check the minimum age for appearing for the SSLC exams in CBSE schools and plan accordingly.

Children at this young age will not know much about their age but when they are held back when they are matured at 15 years or 16years it creates a moral and mental imbalance where the child gets depressed in some cases.

• #80703
    Avoid revealing mail address in your profile name as it is against ISC rules. One month less is not a big problem they will admit your child in school by next year but first of all let us think about the child's grow in such a small age is it necessary for admitting that small aged kid in school.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

• #80974
    By the RTE Right to education all the school are binding to follow this rules. As per RTE a student whose age is 6 years should be admitted in 1 class. So for LKG the age is 4 year and HKG age is 5 years.