Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

IT courses for commerce graduate.

Date: 27 Oct 2011   Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

Hi, my name is Sachin Patel. I have done my graduation in commerce stream. However I am really interested in IT and therefore I want to do some IT course which can help me in building my career in IT industry. Can some one suggest me few course for the same?.

Thanks & Regards in advance.

Author: Shathyan    27 Oct 2011      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hii Sachin,
Please it will be fine, if you would be more specific about the job which you need in IT field. Because there are many kinds in IT fields namely,
1.Software development
2.Testing
3.Networking
4.Database administration

Well i would suggest you to do Tally, which is very connected to your stream. Also if you are not interested with it, then better do some programming language course like Java which has lot of openings and also you can do Oracle courses if you are interested in Database Administration. If you are interested in Testing, do some course in testing and also networking and get a job in IT field.

Thanking you,
Shathyan

Author: Keshav kumar chaudhary    26 Feb 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

For commerce graduate best option in IT is to select accounting stream. For this candidate have two option - 1st candidate should prepare ATC (accountin technicion course), which is held by ICAI. 2nd is he should take a course of Tally.

Author: Kranthi Kumar (K K)    27 Feb 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

Hi Sachin Patel,
You can go to ORACLE Financials or SAP FI/CO Courses.
If you learn these courses, considering that you are good at the finance basics. You can be taken as a Functional expert by IT companies. But, while learning the course, you need to work hard as computers are new to you. You need to correlate every topic with your financial knowledge.

Good Luck!

Author: manoj kumar    27 Feb 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

For commerce graduate an IT accounting stream -- Tally and ATC [accounting technician ]

and If want to change then --

For Software Development- BCA, MCA , BSC- IT, MSC- IT, SAP

For software Testing - Testing

For Hardware - A+, N+

For Networking - CCNA

For Multimedia - Graphic Designing, Web Designing, Animation, Film Editing.

Author: S Nair    01 Mar 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hi Sachin
Now you are very much confused about IT right?As you know IT is a generic term and lots of different options are available.I dont know how much you know about computers and all.Being a commerce graduate you can think of learning some accounting package (like Tally) and core technical accounting stuff(like SAP).I have seen lots of commerce graduates works in BPO sector too.Its all depends on your requirement,taste and ambition.If you get a chance to work in any company with SAP application utilise the oppurtunity,as fee is much higher.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "IT courses for commerce graduate."

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem IT courses for commerce graduate.

Next Question: Gate for pre-final year b.e
Previous Question: Lenses principle,Lens and focal point,Lens adjustment