In India, BSE & NSE have designed the software to trade in equity markets using a mobile phone (smart phone). Now-a-days, almost all the brokerage firms like Motilal, Reliance, Sharekhan, Angel, Kotak, ZEN Money, Religare, fullerton, IndiaInfoline, Kelton etc offers mobile trading facility. If you opt to go for a stock trading thru mobile phone, Buy a high end smart phone.
Advantages of mobile trading
1. You can easily track your share transactions from anywhere using your mobile phone.
2. You can be updated with the market news all the time.
3. You don't need to make a call to broker / customer care to place the order.
4. Buying / Selling decision will be in your hands.
Disadvantages of mobile trading
1. Since the you are new to trade online using mobile phone, initially it takes time to habituated to it, don't depend on it fully for few days.
2. Network signal really matters when you are browsing using GPRS.
3. Technical isues in the online portals damage you and sometimes lose the chance to place the orders in time.
4. If you can buy and sell on your own decision, you can always prefer mobile trading.
5. You can't browse multiple pages like laptop / deskop, It cause hanging
Here is the Handset Configuaration for Trading thru Mobile :
Mobiles with Symbian, Android or Blackberry OS
MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1 with Java enabled handset
Advanced GPRS Service (for streaming) mode