- Category: Networking
There are many ways to connect a mobile phone to a personal computer. If you are intending to transfer data between mobile and computer, you can adopt any one of the following options:
1. USB cable:- Your mobile phone will have a USB cable along with it. Unless buy a USB cable that is compatible with your mobile phone. Connect the mobile phone to PC using the cable. Go to My Computer folder. You can see the mobile phone added as a new USB device there.
2. Bluetooth: If your PC have a bluetooth adapter, then you can connect the mobile to the phone using bluetooth. Go to control panel (start -- settings -- control panel) and select the option bluetooth. Then make the bluetooth adapter in the PC visible. Make the mobile bluetooth also visible. Then search for new devices and pair the devices. However only laptops and some modern computers have in-built bluetooth adapter in them.
3. Infrared: You can connect the mobile to the PC through an infrared connection as well.
Once you connect the mobile to the PC, you can configure BSNL GPRS settings. First make sure that your mobile has BSNL GPRS activated. (In settings - connectivity - packet data, select access point as BSNL net).
You can configure PC settings with Nokia PC suite. Download and install it first. Open PC suite, select internet settings. Select the name of the modem (here your phone's name) and go next. Select 'configure manually'. Set access point as BSNL net, homepage as http://www.bsnl.co.in & leave username and password blank as long as you are not registered. Finish the process & you can browse.
(I got the last portion by referring to another website which I'm mentioning the url. I have connected the Nokia mobile & browsed net, but I have not personally tried out configuring BSNL net because my mobile is not BSNL. So make sure before you configure.)
Join IndiaStudyChannel and get paid for writing articles!
'Do Your Best and Leave the Rest'
Which Brand of mobile phone are you using?
Nokia, Samsung and other branded company provide a CD along with mobile phone. Install this program in your PC. Now you will be able to connect PC and mobile. You can use USB cable provided by company.
If you don't have cable you can also you Blue Tooth device but less effective. So i will recommend you to connect using USB cable.
After this contact BSNL customer care which will guide you to connect internet.
Be relax. It is very easy.
If you are using any other phone and CD is not provided along with mobile phone then search software for it and install it.
Honesty is the best policy.
Follow the points below to connect mobile to a system
1.Install the mobile brand's pc suite software in system.
For ex: if you are samsung mobile install samsung pc suite in system
2.Choose how to connect mobile to system wether by data cable or bluetooth
3.If you choose data cable connect it to the mobile and wait for the next steps.
4.you must first get the settings of your sim network and install it in your mobile.
5.After installing the settings once switch off and switch on and check the net service in your mobile wether it is working or not.
6.In pc suite at access point name specify your gprs name and connect it as your wish by gprs or data cable and that's it you can connect to the net.
but remember one thing if you connect with bluetooth take the bluetooth that is accepting unlimited data and don't install bluesoleil software while working on bluetooth with pc suite
- #84031Hi friend
You can connect Nokia Mobiles to PC or Laptop without using pc suite in windows 7
follow this steps
1. connect mobile to pc/laptop using bluetooth
2. open add/remove driver in control panel
3. select your mobile and right click
4. select access point
5. now your mobile is connect to pc/laptop for using internet
- #84058You can connect you bsnl phone to your computer.For these you don't need a modem.Only think you want is that a data cable for connecting your mobile to your computer.To use the internet you want to install a CD which will get when you buy the data cable.After installing the CD, connect your phone to your phone to your computer.And then go to my computer,in the you can see an option of removable disk open it and go to the network and start using the internet with you bsnl sim.For more information contact your service center.Hope these information helps you.
- #84369Hi Raja, I think this article will solve your problem easily. In this article you will get the solution to your query.
How to access internet on laptop through any mobile
All about Indian people and Indian places!
- #84511Just Simple:
Step 1:Connect Your Mobile With NOKIA PC SUITE.
Step 2:Go To Connect To Internet.
Step 3:Go To Setting.
Step 4:Configure the connection Manually.
Step 5:Set Access Poing i.e bsnlnet or BSNLNET
- #84542Connect Mobile with USB cable:- Your mobile phone will have a USB cable along with it. Unless buy a USB cable that is compatible with your mobile phone. Connect the mobile phone to PC using the cable. Go to My Computer folder. You can see the mobile phone added as a new USB device there.