• Category: Automobiles

How to run ovi store application in Nokia X2-01?

I have recently brought Nokia X2-01, and the day I am using this phone I am not able to run ovi store application which is pre-installed in the handsets. I have a tata docomo connection. All the other applications like maii and communities are working fine, but this I cannot say for ovi store.Please help me out to solve this problem.

I even when to the store, but they say that the Nokia company are changing ovi store to Nokia store, what that exactly means?
  • #82902

I have a nokia c6-00 and its ovi app is working fine.

Let me know what are you doing to launch the app.

Also try to sychronise your mobile with PC once.

• #82904
    I have tried to reset the factory settings and switch it off for several times, but nothing seems to work.
    Regards;
    Veena Sharma.

• #82905
    In May last year, Nokia had announced that it will start to discontinue the Ovi brand and will start or launch new brand name for it. Nokia has started already the transition from mid of last year and this will end in 2012 possibily. This was the answer of the query you asked. Regarding the problem of running of the application i would say that either Nokia has stopped to offer services under its previous brand name or there is some fault in the default setting of the set you have got. Regards.
    ___
    "Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven"

• #82937
    I too have a Nokia mobile phone with pre-installed Ovi store but due to some reasons it got corrupted and conflicted. And presently Nokia has introduced new Ovi Store with the name of Store in which mobile phone users can download various applications games videos and songs for free. So instead of thinking about the old Ovi Store go to http://www.nokia.com from your mobile phone with the help of your tatadocomo internet facility and download the new Store application which is the new version of Ovi Store into your mobile phone. Save the application and use it you will feel the difference for using this service also you need internet facility in your mobile phone.

There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

• #83086
    With regard to your problem with OVI store following two options are applicable
    The application does not launch at all or you are not able to download anything from the store after launching the application.
    If the application does not launch at all then you need to update your cellphone with PC suite and install the latest available applications and firmware for your mobile.
    In case the application starts but you cannot download anything then you should follow the below given steps.
    First of all go to http://www.nokia.com, select region as India.
    Now create a user account on the site.
    When you launch the application make sure that default access point is defined and gprs service is working. In your case tata docomo gprs must be working.
    Make sure that you define the access point correctly on connection which is working.
    Once you launch the application it will ask that new updated version of ovi store is available which is now called nokia store, download the same and install.
    Once you install the application, switch off your mobile and then switch on.
    Launch the application and login with your id created on the nokia site.
    Now you can download and install all the applications available on the nokia store.

Manoj
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    When you start believing in yourself, people also start to believe you.

• #83464
    Some pre installed application's does not work properly in some mobiles but we can download ovi store application from browser and then can run on mobile by signing an account