Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Mistake happend during railway ticket booking

Date: 12 Jan 2012   Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

Hi

Recently I was booking railway ticket for my family members[Advance ticket booking] through its website WWW.irctc.com, and successfully booked ticket. I got confirmed ticket also, but later when I verified the ticket, I found that, I made a mistake while entering details of passengers, for one of the members I entered sex as Male, instead of Female, In ticket it already recorded as Male for that lady passenger, Is there any option to modify the details or sort out the mistake, please somebody help me.

Author: Jayant P    12 Jan 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Hello Palaksha,

You should have been more careful while booking the ticket itself. But, the mistake can be rectified and there is nothing to panic about.

First of all, go to the nearest Railway Reservation counter at the earliest with the " Electronic Reservation Slip" print out and the photo ID proof of the person under whom the reservation ticket was made.

Go there with a written request at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train i.e. 24 hours before the train is to start from its source station.

Also carry a proof of the Female member of the family whose sex you have wrongly entered.

Please note that such changes can be done only once.

In case on any further doubts, please follow the below bookmark

How to make changes to a confirmed E-Ticket

or you can contact the helpline number: 011-39340000

Hope your query has been solved. All the best!

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Mistake happend during railway ticket booking"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Mistake happend during railway ticket booking

Next Question: What are the options for the citizens to help out the government?
Previous Question: How Indian Government system works? Tell me overview of 'Parliament' system.