• Category: Central Government

Mistake happend during railway ticket booking

Hi

Recently I was booking railway ticket for my family members[Advance ticket booking] through its website WWW.irctc.com, and successfully booked ticket. I got confirmed ticket also, but later when I verified the ticket, I found that, I made a mistake while entering details of passengers, for one of the members I entered sex as Male, instead of Female, In ticket it already recorded as Male for that lady passenger, Is there any option to modify the details or sort out the mistake, please somebody help me.
  • #83156
    Hello Palaksha,

You should have been more careful while booking the ticket itself. But, the mistake can be rectified and there is nothing to panic about.

First of all, go to the nearest Railway Reservation counter at the earliest with the " Electronic Reservation Slip" print out and the photo ID proof of the person under whom the reservation ticket was made.

Go there with a written request at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train i.e. 24 hours before the train is to start from its source station.

Also carry a proof of the Female member of the family whose sex you have wrongly entered.

Please note that such changes can be done only once.

In case on any further doubts, please follow the below bookmark

How to make changes to a confirmed E-Ticket

or you can contact the helpline number: 011-39340000

Hope your query has been solved. All the best!