Ask Experts » Computers » Software »
How to install operating system from PenDrive?
Date: 12 Feb 2012 Posted By: Amit Gupta
Group: Computers Category: Software
Every one in the span of their usage of computer must face the problem regarding their operating system, means they have to re-install the operating system.
But actual difficulty arises when system's CD/DVD ROM is not working properly. In this case we have to install this from another device such as Pendrive.
Every one doesn't know this procedure so , my question is this that what is the steps of installing the operating system from pendrive.
|Author: satheesh sharma 15 Feb 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
It is simple . Save the windows bootable .iso file in the pendrive and restart the system while booting go to boot setup by entering F10, change the booting priority of USB disk drive upwards as the first bootable. Then save the settings and boot up you can have the windows .iso file booting up. You can see please enter any key to boot up your usb drive, press any key and start installing the windows operating system.
|Author: Hafeezur Rahman P 15 Feb 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
First make sure your pen drive is not affected with any virus, format it if required or run pen drive with anti-virus option.
Then, you need to save required Operating System into your Pen drive with using .iso file option.
Change the booting option to USB drive in your computer system by pressing F2 or F10 key - for its setup.
Now, insert your pen drive into your system USB hub then re-start your system which will auto-install per its own guideline and path.
Make sure you select the exact drive or path to install OS in your system, and save your files and document in D drive before installing OS. If still, confuse, try to learn it from any friend or expert nearby.
|Author: Ank Arya 16 Feb 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
The answer is too simple to describe in a single paragraph, if you are having an active Operating System running on your system.
Procedure, here it is-
1. Copy all the files from your Windows(OS) DVD to your Computer or Pen Drive. (Copy the DVD files to your Pen Drive, from your school/college or friends computer, if your DVD-R is not working ;)
2. Now whenever you have to install the respected Operating System, just open the folder where you had stored those copied files (to you PC or Pen Drive) and click on its setup launcher, which you will find easily there.
3. If it is about Windows Vista or Windows Seven onward, then it will hardly take 10 or 20 minutes depending on your system.
Your newly installed OS is ready for you! :)
Try this simple procedure.
|Author: Saisyam 16 Feb 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
From the question it is not clear which OS you want to install? Below are the options for different OS:
1) Windows 7 OS - If you want to install Windows 7 from USB, First you need to load Windows image (ISO) on to your USB. The sure shot tool for this is "Windows7-USB-DVD-tool" which you can download from Microsoft store free of cost.
2) Ubuntu or Linux - If you want to install Ubuntu or any other flavor of Linux you need to have the image related to that flavor. Then use "Unetbootin" tool to get your ISO in to the USB. You can download the tool and instructions from Unetbootin sourceforge site
After the USB is ready. Restart your computer, go to BIOS (F2/F10) and change your boot disk options to USB, Save and Exit. The OS on your USB starts booting.
|Author: shashi 16 Feb 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
First you must have a minimum 2 GB pen drive which is bootable because some pen drive is not work when we make that bootable so here i say you have a hp pen drive then it's good. so what you have to do .
1. first insert the pen drive in your computer and copy the window setup in your pen drive
2.and download a virtual bootable software from internet
3. and install the downloaded software.
4. so that you get option to make your pen drive bootable.
5. after completed the bootable process you have to restart your computer
6. and press the bootable button of your machine mostly computer have F2 or F8.
7. when you press these button then you get option to install window using external drive click on them and follow the instruction.
8. when setup is loaded then your computer is restarting then you should have to push your pen drive at that time otherwise rebooting is start.
9. After restarting all your setup is complete and furnish.
10. now enjoy it
now here i write a most beautiful trick to install window using pen drive
1. first insert your pen drive to your computer
2.after that open your setup file and put the content of setup without any folder in pen drive.
3. and restart your computer
4. and follow the above steps.
5. and enjoy it
6. the advantage is to do so is you have not required to make bootable your pen drive.
|Author: Puneet 17 Feb 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
To boot your computer from pendrive you have some requirements:
1) you need bios with usb boot support
2) you must have sufficient capacity of pendrive
After you have all the requirements,you have to download boot maker software. Then backup all your operating system files into the pendrive. Now your pendrive is bootable. When you want to boot press F11 at the startup and selet your mass storage device and thats it.
|Author: Ataul Haque 21 Feb 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
The best technique is to make your pen drive boot-able or flash drive. Just save your boot files in .ISO format and allow your pen drive to boot.
For allowing your pen drive to boot, you need to give the preference to boot from pen drive in your setup.
Go to setup by pressing F2 button and then change the order of booting. Change it to USB drive.
Now insert your pen drive and you will get the option to boot it from USB drive, click on that option and rest installation is same as you do with installations through DVD.
|Author: Vishnu 29 Feb 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Use pen drive with at least 1GB capacity.Boot into Ubuntu live CD.Go to System->Administration->Start-up disk creator.Select Your pendrive from the drop-down list and click create start-up disk.Wait for the procedure to finish.Reboot and this time select your pendrive from the boot menu/boot options.After boot is finished, click "install".
|Author: [Anonymous] 01 Mar 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
download windows 7 usb dvd download tool and install it
make a iso file of window 7 and follow the step os this system
|Author: Anilkumar 10 Mar 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
first you have to download windows os file in the format of ios file.All most all you download windows os file in the torrent only. Because the os file will not corrupt in the torrent.
Mount the os file by demon tool software and copy the os files in pen drive. then you will connect pen drive to pc. before connecting the pen drive you have to set bios in T-Flash option(by clicking the F2 or Delete) to boot os in the system.In your bios not T-Flash option you have to install the bootable usb software in the system.It will help you to boot the os.You have any difficulty you go to the google search.
|Author: Surojit 16 Mar 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
To install operating system from a pen-drive you need to make it boot-able first. You can download free software from the web to create a boot-able pen-drive. For example if you are installing Windows 7 you can use 'Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool'. Then using the software copy the .iso file to you pen-drive.
Then follow this below steps:-
* Change the 'Boot Device Priority' in 'Boot' options from HDD to USB HDD.
* After restarting your system will boot from USB drive and the installation process will begin.
* Generally the process automatically installs the OS in your system after a few restarts. But when you are installing via USB make sure to change the 1st 'Boot Device Priority' now from USB HDD to System HDD after the computer restarts completing the step 'Installing Updates'.
* After restart the process will complete its final tasks and will prompt you to enter Username and PC name.
By using the above simple steps you can easily install operating system from a USB pen-drive.
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...