|Author: M 06 Mar 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 2|
Here are the answers:
1. NDA - National Democratic Alliance
2. UPA - United Progressive Alliance
3. The term left parties is not only used in India. It is a global term used to indicate the parties which announce pro-worker and pro-common people ideals. Left parties usually stand for state control, self-dependence, decentralisation of capital, economic equality, abolition of private property etc. The term left is used on a global level to refer to parties that have a socialist or communist ideals.
3. Right parties are also a global term. Right parties are those parties which believe in perfect competition in market, importance of privatisation etc. They believe that if everybody gets a chance, equality will occur on its own. They emphasise less state control and more personal freedom. Globally, those parties which are not leftist are known as rightist.
4. This terminology came into use the following way: During the old French revolution, in French parliament, the nobility (higher estates) occupied the right seats where as the common people (third estate) sat in left seats. Gradually left wing used to describe pro-workers and right-wing used to describe pro-capitalists.
5. CM of state is actually the leader of the political party which procures the largest amount of seats in an election. For example, if a state has 100 constituencies, and the party XXX wins 50 seats, and all other parties get less than 50 seats, then the leader of XXX becomes the CM. He is invited by governor.
6. PM of India is elected in the same way, here all the 540 parliament constituencies are taken into account. Leader of the leading party is invited to form government by the president.
7. The term bahumati means a title. Whether it has any special meanings in the context, I don't know.
8. For being CM a person has to be at least 30 years old [I hope that's right, I've only a faint remembrance]. He should not have any criminal cases upon him. He/she should not be mentally challenged.
A final word: the parties and their specifications were during older times. Now almost every parties are alike, both left and right. Everyone tries for the betterment of the poor and for welfare of people. Some leaders may not be honest in either parties. Both type of parties have good ideals. So we cannot discriminate parties on the basis of their definition.
Hope this was helpful.
|Author: Ramprasad 09 Mar 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 6 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The full-form of NDA is National Democratic Alliance, and the full-form of UPA is United Progressive Alliance.
NDA is led by National Political Party BJP, the NDA alliance parties names are given below:
Bhartiya Janata Party(BJP), Shiv Sena, Janata Dal (United), Shiromani Akali Dal(SAD),Indian National Lok Da(INLD), Asom Gana Parishad(AGP), Nagaland People's Front, Gorkha Janmukti Morcha ,Uttarakhand Kranti Dal, Kamtapur Progressive Party, Ladakh Union Territory Front, Mizo National Front and Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
UPA is led by National Political Party Indian National Congress(INC), the UPA alliance parties names are given below:
Indian National Congress, Nationalist Congress Party,All India TrinamoolCongress, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Jammu & Kashmir National Conference, Indian Union Muslim League, All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Sikkim Democratic Front, Kerala Congress (Mani) and Rashtriya Lok Dal(RLD).
Communist Party India (Leninist) and Communist Party of India (Marxist) are jointly called as left parties. Well the name left parties implies towards the parties across the globe working for the benefits of common man mainly for to achieve the rights of the lab-ours. As these parties are against towards the government's and company owner's regulations, Hence they are called as the left parties. The parties which are against to left parties called as right parties.
The term left first introduced during the French revolution.
Chief Minister of a state is decided as per the majority attained by various political parties during Assembly elections. If any single political party or political parties alliance wins the majority seats in the Assembly the leader of that political party or alliance will become as the Chief Minister of the state. Even though any party or alliance haven't won the majority seats then Governor invites the leader of the most seats won party or alliance to form the government but the party have to prove its majority in the house in short period of the time. Same like Assembly, the Leader of the political party or alliance which has won the majority number of seats in the Parliament elections will become the Prime Minister. President invites the leader to form the government. If any party or group haven't get majority then President will invites the most number of seats won party's or alliance's leader to form the government.
I can't get your term Bahumathi, I think it is Bahumat the Hindi word, it called as majority. The ruling party or alliance should have majority in the Parliament or Assembly. If majority decreases then government will fall-down. Bahumathi is a Telugu which has the meaning of Gift in English.
All citizens of India crossed 25 years both male and female are eligible to become the Chief Minister of a state. Well usually the Leader of the political party which has won majority seats in the Assemble elections is eligible to become as the Chief Minister. Every individual can become as the Chief Minister but after posted as the Chief Minister the individual have to be elected to either Assembly or Council within the six months of the time. If he/she fails to elect to any house within six months he/she have to resign for the Chief Minister post.
|Author: Paresh Gujarati 09 Mar 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
Why Congress and related parties are called UPA and other opposition parties like BJP are termed as NDA? When these terminologies come into picture first time in India?
|Author: Ramprasad 09 Mar 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
It is better to ask the question separately or you should have included the question in this question itself previously.
At present no single party hasn't any chances of winning and forming government alone in center. Hence political parties having similar views, theories and welfare programs has made an alliance. National political parties Congress and BJP has leading the alliances.
The National Democratic Alliance(NDA) has first announced in
May, 1988 in India, it is the first step in the formation of coalition governments in center in India. Since then the terminology of NDA has widely spread in India, NDA is led by BJP and many regional political parties have joined NDA but AIADMK which is regional political party in both Tamil-Nadu and Pondicherry pulled-out within a year. In 1999 general elections NDA has won the elections and formed the government in center. But failed to win in 2004 and 2009 elections, still NDA is there but some parties has left the alliance and some new parties have joined NDA.
UPA, United Progressive Alliance just formed after the announcement of 2004 Parliament results, when there was no majority for the NDA or any other party to form government. UPA has formed the government in 2004 which is led by Congress party. Since then the terminology UPA has spread across the country. Many political parties has joined in UPA same as NDA. In between some parties have left UPA and some new parties have joined in UPA. UPA retained its government in 2009 elections and still ruling the country.
|Author: rahul tripathi 10 Mar 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
Dear full form of NDA is National Democratic Alliance
& full form of UPA is United Progressive Alliance.
both of two are led by political parties.
|Author: Ramprasad 10 Mar 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 0 Voting Score: 0|
@deepak kumar, member you have posted the wrong answer, instead of posting wrong answer to the question it is better to not responding to the question for which you haven't know the correct answer. And once read thoroughly the question and above responses then only attempt to answer.
|Author: Madhvee Chaubey 10 Mar 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 7 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
What is full form of NDA and UPA?NDA stands for National Democratic Alliance. UPA stands for United Progressive Alliance.
Which parties of India are in UPAIn 2009 elections, following parties constituted the UPA
1. Indian National Congress
2. All India Trinamool Congress
3. Nationalist Congress Party
4. Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
5. Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
6. Indian Union Muslim League
7. All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
8. Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi
9. Kerala Congress (Mani)
10. Sikkim Democratic Front
Which parties are in NDA? At present, eight parties paticipate in NDA.
1. Bharatiya Janata Party
2. Janata Dal (United)
3. Shiv Sena
4. Shiromani Akali Dal
5. Telangana Rashtra Samithi
6. Asom Gana Parishad
7. Nagaland People's Front
8. Uttarakhand Kranti Dal
What are left parties? Who named that like 'Left parties' why not 'right'? When this terminology came into picture? Left party known as Left-front party is part of a coalition of leftist and communist parties. The term Left and right came in existence after the French revolution. Those who supported the social changes sat on the left side of seating arrangement.And, from that day onwards, the political parties who believe in revolutionary movement to bring the change for betterment of society are said to be left parties. To name some left parties are Communist Party of India and All India Forward Block.
How CM of state and PM of India is decided?In state elections, the political party or alliance who wins the election with majority suggest the name of the leader to the Governor. The Governor invites the leader for the post of chief minister.
Similarly, in national elections, the elected leader of the winning party or alliance is invited by the president for the post of prime minister.
What is called 'Bahumati'?'Bahumat' is the Hindi term for majority.
Who is eligible to get CM chair and in what conditions? To become the Chief Minister of a state, the candidate should have following qualifications.
1) Candidate must be the citizen of India.
2) Candidate must have completed 25 year of age.
3) Candidate must be the member of state legislature.
If the candidate is not the member of state legislature, then he should attain the membership within six months.
Why Congress and related parties are called UPA and other opposition parties like BJP are termed as NDA? When these terminologies come into picture first time in India?In 1998, no party was able to win with majority. So, some of the parties formed alliance with BJP. And it was named NDA.
Similarly, in the national election 2004, some of the parties came in support of Congress and formed the alliance which was named UPA.
|Author: RAJU SANKARARAMAN 29 Apr 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
NDA is explained as National Democratic Alliance,
UPA is explained as United Progressive Alliance and above all the first answer will help you to have the idea for all your queries
|Author: Prateek Sharma 10 May 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
The full form of UPA is United Progressive Alliance. It ig mainly controlled by Congress. NDA term is for National Democratic Alliance which is led by BJP.