|Author: M 07 Apr 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 Voting Score: 0|
1. Governor of the State is appointed by the president
2. He should be an Indian citizen, above 35 years of age, should not be a member of either Rajyasabha or Loksabha nor the Legislative assembly of the state, also he should possess the eligibility qualifications of an MLA, he shouldn't be the owner of any office of profit
3. He is the nominal executive and CM is the real executive. This means that even though it is the CM who works behind various laws, no bills are passed unless it is signed by governor. Governor is the representative of the State. When there is conflict between a central interest and the state interest, the opinion of governor matters.
4. Governor holds the office for 5 years.
|Author: Hakimuddin 07 Apr 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 2|
Governor of a state is appointed by president of India as mentioned by Meera Chandrasekharan but on the advice of prime minister.
And I will also want to submit that a bill after passing in vidhan sabha is sent to Governor and after his ascent it becomes law.
|Author: Madhvee Chaubey 07 Apr 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 2|
Who appoints 'Governor of state'? Governor of a state is appointed by President of India
What is the eligibility for a governor?1. A person should be citizen of India
2. He should have completed age of 35 years.
3. The person should not be a member of the Legislature or Parliament
4. He/she should not hold any office of profit
Who governs the appointment criteria for Governor of state?President of India governs the appointment criteria for Governor.
What are the main functions of Governor?1.The Governor has the power to grant pardons, reprieves.
2. He/She appoints Chief Minister and other Ministers.
3. The Governor appoints the Advocate General and Election commissioner for the State.
4. He has power to take executive actions in the state.
5. He provides assents to the bills passed in legislative assembly to convert in into law.
6. He is the one who ensures that budgets are laid annually.
What basic qualification should he/she posses to act or become a governor of state?The person should be unquestionable that is he/she is not active in politics from long time.
What sort of experience require in administrative or political world?No experience is required in administrative or political world to become the governor of the state.
What is the term of governor? The person is appointed as a Governor for the five years.
|Author: Sachin Rambhau Kukale 04 May 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
1.Who appoints 'Governor of state'? What is the eligibility for a governor?
Ans:The president of India appoints governor of state, according to the suggestions of Prime Minister of India.
*Eligibility Criteria for the governor:
a.He must be an Indian citizen.
b.He must have completed at least 35 years of his age.
c.He should not posses any position in any office for profit.
d.He should not be member of legislative assembly or parliament at the time of appointment.
2.Who governs the appointment criteria for Governor of state?
The appointment criteria for the Governor of state is stated in constitution and this criteria can not be changed by anyone easily.The parliament can change this criteria with majority.
3.What are the main functions of Governor?
The main functions of Governor are:
a.To facilitate the communication between state government and central government.
b.To keep watch on working of state government.
c.To provide assets to the bills passed in state legislative assembly, in order to convert these bills in laws.
d.The governor should perform all the duties at state level which are performed by the President of India at central level.
e.To appoint the state government with majority.
f.To look and approve the annual budget of state assembly.
g.To give speech at the starting session of state assemblies.
4.What basic qualification should he/she posses to act or become a governor of state? What sort of experience require in administrative or political world? What is the term of governor?
Ans:The person has not been is actively involved in active politics since long time in past and he should not take part in active politics once he is appointed as governor.
No specific experience is required from the fields of administration or politics.But most of the governor are appointed from either political or administrative background.
The term for governor is fix for five years.The President of India can increase the term of governor if he/she assumes the person to be best for the post.
The state legislative council can dismiss the governor if he is involved in any offense with great majority and approval from president.