|Author: Rajendra Singh 23 Apr 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
|Group discussion is not prepared by self practicing it is practiced by in group because in group you have to chance say your points in front the group members and group members justify or reject your point with their points, in this manner you get practiced for group discussion.|
You have many options for it.
1. Join English coaching classes who regularly arranged Group discussion and personal interview classes.
2. You can make your friends groups and discuss regularly one to two hours to each other on the any topic.It is better if you make two teams , in which one put points in favor of topic and other against it.
|Author: Kranthi Kumar (K K) 23 Apr 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
|Hi Pravin Kumar,|
Go through a English Newspaper daily and try to get atleast few points on every hot topic. For example, IPL5, just get a high level idea of IPL5 and their performance. Most of the interviewers give the latest hot topics for a group discussion so that everyone in the group can participate.
- Try to initiate the discussion if you are aware of the topic given for the Group discussion, It shows your boldness to talk in the group on a topic and First impression is the best impression
- Try to close the discussion considering all the points given by rest of the members in a group discussion, It shows How well you listen to others and summed up the discussion.
- Practice the Group discussion by forming 6 member group in your leisure time on any topic. For practicality, ask your professor for the topic just 5 minutes before you sit for the Group discussion, this practice helps you to organize your thoughts spontaneously. Else, everyone will be prepared well and talk continuously without gap. If possible, ask your professor to monitor the discussion and to suggest the better way.
- Always give a chance to other members to talk in the group, It shows your respect to the other members of team.
- Try to keep the discussion on track (to the given topic), IF anyone is going out of the scope of the topic, humbly interrupt the discussion and request them to stick to the given topic, it shows leadership skills
- Identify the team member in the group, who have not opened their mouth yet and give them a chance to speak, it shows team working skills.
These are general tips, I can give you at this point of time. As per your statement, you told that, you have already failed twice in the group discussion, If you are specific the weak points in your participation of your Group discussion, then ISC experts will give you nice ideas to overcome them and to succeed in the next interview process.
Feel free to ask any questions.
All the Best.
|Author: Madhvee Chaubey 23 Apr 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 10 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 2|
|As the name suggests, group discussion is an activity in which a topic is discussed among a group. Gruop discussion has several criteria. The judge gives points on the basis of your participation in the discussion.|
Qualities looked for in the group discussionSome of the qualities that should be present in the candidate to qualify in the group discussion are:
1. He should be able to initiate the discussion.
2. He must be able to provide the conclusion at the end of discussion.
3. The candidate should be a good listener.
4. You should never fight with other members.
5. You should try to provide chance to every member of the group to speak.
Precautions to be taken in group discussionBefore the discussion starts, listen the topic carefully. Then think for sometime and prepare an outline what you can speak. Never be in hurry to start. If you have not been able to start the discussion, then you can speak at second postion. But, try not to be too late in entering the discussion.
How to prepare for group discussion1. You can prepare for group discussion with your family members of friends.
2. Select any current topic and ask them to present their views. This will provide you an idea and you will be able to get different views.
3. Have knowledge of the present and current scenarios going throughout the world.
How to present yourself in group discussion1. The candidate must sit comfortably and should never sit with crossed legs.
2. Speak in polite manner and with full confidence.
3. The candidate should never hesitate while speaking.
4. Dress well and walk confidently when entering the room.
5. As soon as you enter the room, greet the penal members and wait till they say to sit on your chair.
|Author: rana atiq 25 Apr 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
|First analyses your weaknesses from your previous discussion. As you already have undergone experience of group discussion and will be well aware of the procedure, questions, circumstances, hurdles and anticipations etc. Try to strength yourself in weaken area that might be your confidence, way of communication, manners of dealing, tactics of replying questions, presenting yourself in most suitable way for the job. Also try to do rehearsal before the mirror and note your expression. Amend your way of expression you feel anyone not upto mark. Prepare the most asked subject comprehensively and trust in God.|