|Author: Shashikanth Vydyula 04 May 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Hi Sushma! Greetings.
Before you quit your job make sure either you are selected in another job or have an appointment letter in your hand.
So before quitting,submit your CV to job portals like monster.Open a profile with your CV in Linkedin. You can also subscribe to job alerts provided by your mobile network(airtel,vodafone).
Do as much research as possible to get a job.But remember have another job in hand before you quit this one.
Thank You and Good Luck.
|Author: Kalyani 06 May 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Though the present job is not your area / field of work, yet you are in a job, so better to continue in the job and simultaneously keep searching for a suitable job of your choice. By continuing in the present job not only you will be financially independent bit at the same time you will be gaining some experience as well which is very essential for any kind of a job. You can sincerely keep trying for a job through various sources like naukri or monster website and keep updating your profile and keep searching for a suitable job. And continue in the present job till you get in a job of your choice.
|Author: Chitra 06 May 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
I would suggest you to hold on to the current job and find another job in your field and then move on rather than just quitting. Also try to show some kind of justice to your current job. Lack of interest will be reflected in the work you do , so please be careful about it and make yourself understand that I need to perform well in this place and this is just a temporary job and soon I will find a better job for me. In order to get a good job you need some experience. So keep in my that you joined this place to learn about the organizational atmosphere and to know how things are done in an organization.
I am sure that you will learn something new from your current work place.
|Author: T Syed Rizwan 06 May 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
I would suggest you not quit your present job until you get another job. Because something is better than nothing. Think that many don't even have a job in hand. Atleast you have a job in hand. So, better stay in this and search for the job of you interest. Get to know about the preparations you should do for joining into that job you desire. Prepare yourself for getting into that job. This is my suggestion.
|Author: Bhakti Savla 07 May 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Please don't lose heart and try to make the most of your current job.
I would suggest you to do the following:
1. Hang on to the current job and aim to complete the probation period atleast. If you leave a job so early without even completing your probation period, it may create a negative impact in terms of your decision-making prowess and also reliability.
2. Once you complete your probation period, start applying for jobs that are related to your profile.
3. Meanwhile, during the probation period, you can join some institute and learn something new related to your field or perhaps appear for some certification course/exam. These add-ons could go a really long way in getting a very good job later on.
4. The fact that you have so far completed only 1 month at your new job indicates that it took a long time for you to get your first job after completing your engineering graduation last year. So, try to sharpen your skills and personality in the next 5 months, before you start applying for a job again.
5. Always remember whatever happens, happens for the best. May be you getting a job in this company could prove to be a blessing in the sense that you will be earning and also you would get enough time to make the best possible preparations before applying for your next job. This way you won't be desperate and won't take any wrong decision again.
6. So, give yourself some time and take interest in your current job. At the end of the day, you should give your best in whatever you do. Consider yourself priveleged to be with a job in hand rather than no job in hand. Work hard and try to become the perfect candidate for your next job profile.