|Author: Kamal Kishore 09 Jun 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 2|
Follow these steps to reduce physical memory:
1. Go to start icon and the click run.
2. Then type msconfig.
3. Then go to service tab.
4. Uncheck all services you dont't want.
5. Click to startup tab and uncheck startup item that you don't want.
Increase computer performance steps are:
1. Use disk cleanup-this will remove all temporay files and unwanted files.
2.Regular upgrade your computer.
3.Use disk fragmentation-means you are able to know how much your disk used and remove unwanted files and manage disk memory.
|Author: Pratik Ranjan Bhuyan 09 Jun 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Physical memory increases when many applications run simultaneously reaching a bottleneck. If physical memory catches up to 90% and above, then your computer will tend to slow down and become unresponsive.
To save your physical memory, do as follows:
1. Try to optimize your memory as much as possible. You can do by increasing it's refreshing rate by pressing F5.
2. Go to services by typing 'services' in windows start menu, and disable or stop the features which you do not want.
3. Open up Run command by pressing windows button and R button together. Type msconfig there, and after it loads up, go to 'Startup' tab and untick all the applications which you do not need want to load while your computer boots.
4. Delete all temp files from your temp folder, which can be found in Run command by typing '%temp%'.
If possible also delete cookies and web history.
5. Update your computer through online. The main components to update are the OS you are using, your web browser version and your BIOS.
6. You can try and optimize your memory by using some powerful free softwares also. Try out CleanMem, Glary Utilities and MZ Ram Booster.
I hope if you follow the above said points, your problem will be solved.
|Author: Surojit 10 Jun 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 8 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
When you buy a new computer system or a new CPU its natural that it will consume less memory because less programs are installed and run in this period. As time passes you install more softwares and other programs which results in the high consumption of physical memory (also called RAM)
To reduce physical memory usage and to improve your computer performance, you can take some measures provided below:
1) Remove viruses, spywares and malwares from your system using an antivirus program.
2) If you are an advanced user you can open your task manager and shut down the unwanted running processes.
3) Defragment your drives by running disk defragmenter. It is recommended to run disk defragmenter once a week if you install or uninstall programs frequently.
4) Use a freeware called registry cleaner to clean up all the unused or unwanted registries from your computer because some orphaned registries also consumes much memory.
5) To free some of your disk space you can use the disk clean up tool. This disk clean up tool will search your hard disk for files which can be deleted. You can delete temporary internet files, temporary windows file, optional unused windows components, downloaded Java Applets and ActiveX controls. Before deleting it will ask you to choose which files you want to keep and which files to delete. So you can see it is a useful tool and one should use it at regular intervals.
6) Don't keep unwanted and unused icons in your taskbar. These icons are nothing but shortcuts of various programs which keep running in the background and consumes a lot of memory. So, there is no need to keep a lot of icons in taskbar.
7) Clean your computer fans once a while to reduce the problem of overheating.
8) Don't use extraordinary themes in your system which consumes memory.
9) Turn off your screensaver which also consumes a little of your system's memory.
10) Open your control panel and look for the programs which you don't use and uninstall them which will gradually help you in recovering some valuable disk space.
11) Visual effects in a system consumes a lot of memory. So, remove all the unnecessary gadgets from your computer and turn off the visual effects.
12) Update your Windows and Antivirus program regularly.
Just follow this simple measures and you will notice a drastic improvement in your computer performance.
|Author: SHIBIRAJ.S 19 Jun 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Computers always need enough physical memory for smooth handling all running applications. According to the size and usage of application, consumes more memory. Operating system itself consumes some memory for handling all applications. So running out of memory lead to the unresponsive operating system. Therefore, certain measures should take to run out of this issue. For better performance and availability of physical memory, kindly follow below instructions:
(1) Use better antivirus to remove virus, spyware and Malware(Sometimes Viruses occupies most of the RAM size and not free the memory . This issue will seriously affect the working of Operating System and all other applications).
(2) Create SWAP file (If physical memory is running out of storage size, remaining files move to SWAP file and make operations easier)
(3) Do Defragmentation periodically(This operation removes clusters in disk and it saves huge amount of storage space).
(4) Uninstall unwanted applications.
(5) Remove themes which take more memory.
(6) Configure startup applications (Run ' msconfig ' and configure startup apps).
I hope these instructions will make your computer faster and provide better performance.
|Author: Nirupama Narasimhan 19 Jun 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Here's a checklist to speed up your system and reduce memory usage:
1. Eliminate viruses, spyware etc. You can use Microsoft Safety Scanner, a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and works with your existing anti-virus software.
2. Defragment your disk.
3. Remove applications that are not needed at startup.
4. Keep a close watch on the taskbar, closing apps that are not needed.
5. Use ReadyBoost to improve performance