• Category: Software

Pen drive not opening

Files in my pen drive are not opening, perhaps it has been corrupted with virus, how can I retireve my data?
  • #10115
    Hi Ashok,
    Scan your pendrive for virus and most probably you will be able to retrieve the data.
    Also, if you right click your pen drive, sometimes you will find an option of 'Open With' or Open using Windows Explorer (not sure about the exact option but find something related to Windows explorer). Once your pen drive opens, copy all the contents from your pen drive and format your pen drive.

Sam

• #10121
    Due to virus it happens.
    Just right click on your removable disk and click explore.
    Than copy the contents. Before selecting the contents select all the files individually. Than format the pendrive.

Amaresh

• #10137
    Dear Ashok,

It seems your pen drive as well as your PC is affected by a virus which is not permitting you to open by just clicking on it.

To view or copy the content inside your pen drive you have to Right Click on the pendrive and select explore.

Take the backup of your pendrive by copying these files in your hard disk, but it will be better to scan your computer with latest antivirus with latest virus definition I prefer you to download trial version of kaspersky from http://www.kaspersky.com
    and scan your PC to make it virus free.

With regards,
    Chittaranjan Satpathy

• #10157
    You are finding difficulty in opening the pen drive due to probability of there being virus in it. Scan ur pen drive. What you can do is, go to My Computer. you will see that your pen drive is detected.right click your pen drive and select Explore