Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Science »

How to download Oracle 9i in windows 7?

Date: 19 Jun 2012   Posted By: Prakhar Raghuvanshi     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Science   

I want to learn oracle so I have purchased some good oracle reference books. But since it is out of my hobby to learn new things on computer I want to have some practical knowledge as well. Son I want to download Oracle 9i to do some files on it and have a good experience regarding oracle. Can anyone suggest how to install oracle 9i on windows 7 operating system?

Want to download Oracle 9i? Learn how to download and install Oracle 9i on Windows 7. Find out from where to download Oracle 9i and what is the procedure to install Oracle 9i.

Author: ebin    21 Jun 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

When you run setup of oracle 9i, you will get message that it is not supported. But I got help from some forum, which said you should change compatible mode of the installer. Its works fine for some but not for everyone, don't know why.

STEP: 1 Copy full Install files to some local drive.
STEP: 2 Go to install\win32\right click setup.exe
STEP: 3 Click"Properties">>"Compatibility">>"Run this program in compatibility mode for:" to "Windows XP SP2">>click ok
STEP: 4 Now install the same setup.exe.

Good luck

Author: abirami    21 Jun 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

For installing oracle client version and server in the same machine and building a database seems to be a tough process because of the following reason-

1) Database having client and server in the same machine may occupy your disk.
2) Time taken to download from internet and install may also take a long time.

Rather than that you can use >Oracle express edition. Which is very easy, portable and compatible with all operating system. Its is a freeware, and can be downloaded very fast and also you can install it where ever you want and it basically serves as Oracle desktop version.
Being an Oracl programmer I feel Oracle express edition is very good, friendly and learning tool kit is also provided which makes the begineer very easy to learn.

Author: Halloween Harmony    30 Jun 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

1.This is the torrent download link for downloading oracle 9i.
Link-
http://torrentz.eu/0ee1b60b2a8b6ebae071251fe136793f7a72941f
Copy the url and paste it in your browser. Torrent download page will open. There you have to choose the different links to download. Download the file with torrent software like bit torrent etc.

2.This is the torrent download link for downloading windows 7.
Link-
http://torrentz.eu/5b0bc8422ee0f17893c800b553a43fb464701b31
Copy the url and paste it in your browser. Torrent download page will open. Select different links to download with torrent software like bit torrents etc.

Read related posts: Windows 7    Windows Operating System