• Category: Science

How to download Oracle 9i in windows 7?

Want to download Oracle 9i? Learn how to download and install Oracle 9i on Windows 7. Find out from where to download Oracle 9i and what is the procedure to install Oracle 9i.

I want to learn oracle so I have purchased some good oracle reference books. But since it is out of my hobby to learn new things on computer I want to have some practical knowledge as well. Son I want to download Oracle 9i to do some files on it and have a good experience regarding oracle. Can anyone suggest how to install oracle 9i on windows 7 operating system?
  • #90870
    When you run setup of oracle 9i, you will get message that it is not supported. But I got help from some forum, which said you should change compatible mode of the installer. Its works fine for some but not for everyone, don't know why.

STEP: 1 Copy full Install files to some local drive.
    STEP: 2 Go to install\win32\right click setup.exe
    STEP: 3 Click"Properties">>"Compatibility">>"Run this program in compatibility mode for:" to "Windows XP SP2">>click ok
    STEP: 4 Now install the same setup.exe.

Good luck

• #90876
    For installing oracle client version and server in the same machine and building a database seems to be a tough process because of the following reason-

1) Database having client and server in the same machine may occupy your disk.
    2) Time taken to download from internet and install may also take a long time.

Rather than that you can use >Oracle express edition. Which is very easy, portable and compatible with all operating system. Its is a freeware, and can be downloaded very fast and also you can install it where ever you want and it basically serves as Oracle desktop version.
    Being an Oracl programmer I feel Oracle express edition is very good, friendly and learning tool kit is also provided which makes the begineer very easy to learn.

Abi