|Author: Bipin Peter 04 Jul 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
Please try to stop driving continously for long time.If you are going for long drive, then take a break in particular intervel and do Stretch exercise.May be adjusting you sitting position will reduce the back pain
|Author: Aditya Das 04 Jul 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
From your question, I feel you just love driving, isn't it? Please don't drive continuously for a longer period time. But if you are going for long drive for some important cause, then please take breaks at particular intervals, refresh yourself by taking some soft drinks or smoothies and try to do stretch exercise. It is better for you to adjust your sitting position during driving to feel more comfortable and soothing. It will definitely reduce the back pain.
"Every problem has a solution"
|Author: Bhakti Savla 04 Jul 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Try the following tips to help reduce back pain during driving:
-Keep soft hand made pillows around your neck while driving.
-Try to maintain a straight posture while driving.
-While driving on long journeys, take a break every 45 minutes and do some stretching exercises for your waist, neck, shoulder and hands to ease the pressure on your back.
-Start doing yoga regularly for 20-30 minutes in the morning and it would help prevent back pain over a period of 6-8 months.
-Try driving wearing a waist belt.
-After driving for long hours, try to lie down for 10-15 minutes to give enough rest to your back.
|Author: [Anonymous] 04 Jul 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Try to relax after few kms driving, walk for a while and have a cup of tea or coffee or water at least. Do not continuously drive the vehicle even if it is necessary or urgent, use garlic product to reduce back pain, and increase the calcium food intake.
Try to divert your mind while relaxing out of the vehicle to refresh yourself, and do only concentrate driving principle on drive.
|Author: Nupur Khalkho 06 Jul 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Back pain is a common problem, the cause may not be long drive. You are experiencing back pain when you drive for a longer time than usual. It is indicative of some back ailment already persisting in you. It can be because of weight gain, lack of exercises, calcium deficiency, improper sleep or lifestyle that is not very active. If this is an acute problem, you can avoid driving long distances at a stretch. Perhaps you are not habituated. Take breaks while you drive and try to relax. Never go for a long drive when you are empty stomach. Sometimes acidity and gastric problems also show such manifestations. Do not force yourself drive on a busy road if you have problems. Many a times it is only a matter of habit.
Do not worry. Change your lifestyle. Try to stay active, wake up early. Do some stretch exercises, weight lifting exercises and brisk walk. Yoga is also a good option. You should take some vitamin supplements and calcium tablets. Consult your local medical expert. Try to change the mattress on which you sleep. Improve your body posture. Try to lose weight if you are towards obesity. Take calcium rich diet, eggs, bananas, capsicum, etc. Keep your bowels clean, avoid constipation. Take fiber rich diet. Fresh green vegetables and fruits. It may take some time before you start feeling better. But if you have problems still, do visit an orthopaedician.
|Author: Aparna Shankarraman 07 Jul 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
The top three solutions for reducing back pain during driving are:
1. Give support to the lower back while driving. Keep a pillow at the lower back to let the back rest and get some cushion against jerks.
2. Take a short walk after every hour. Just stop the car at some vacant space and stroll for atleast 10 minutes and stretch yourself to give energy to the back;
3. Eat healthy food after small breaks. Driving on empty stomach can be cause for increasing the back pain;
4.Practise yogasanas regularly especially before long drive to provide energy to the back.Tandasana, cobra pose, tree pose which should be ideally done with expert guidance of a yoga master.
5. You can try a combination of yoga, swimming and weight training exercises under expert guidance to heal the back pain already caused to you;
6. Hot bag can be placed on the painful part of the back to get some relief or some massage can be taken at that place through someone or electronic massagers available in the market.
7. Practise pranayam daily for atleast 10 minutes. It improves the overall health by bringing in fresh oxygen to all parts of the body. Pains start in a body due to lack of enough oxygen content in the body. Deep breathing and pranayam can work wonders in the long run.
8. Practise sitting and walking with correct posture for long run heal of back pain.
These techinques have actually worked wonders for my cousin. You can try them to get relief from back. The first point is crucial while driving.
|Author: Manoj Gathe -> MPG 07 Jul 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
Dear friend, I suspect the problems like back pain etc. are due to the lack of necessaey exercise and balanced diet.
I will suggest followong tips to reduce the back pain.
1. Do regular exercise especially yoga. In yoga you must know the necessary "ASAN" for back exercose. For this thing you may visit any yoga school nearby to your place. Otherwise you will get these details from intetnet too.
2. Wake up early in the morning and do the jogging everyday regularly at least upto 2 kms in the initial stage to as much as you can as you proceed further.
3. Always eat green vegetables, egg in the breakfast.
4. Avoid eating anything like bread, jam etc. which help to increase gases in the stomach and thereby causing unnecessary pains in the various parts of the body which may pertain to cause the pain in the back too.
|Author: philip 16 Aug 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 5 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Here are a list of things you can follow to avoid back pain while driving for long distances.
>Always make sure that you have adjusted your seat so that you are comfortable enough to handle your steering.Try mo maintain good posture and avoid hunching your back.
>Avoid driving continuously and take a break in between.You can stop by to have coffee and wash you face with cold water so that you get refreshed.
>Avoid smoking while driving.Play some good music that relaxes your mind so that you can take on the long distant drive.
>Practice yoga daily.It makes your body and mind stronger so that you can deal with situations calmly which you have never dealt before.
>Always carry water with you rehydrate yourself as much as possible.
>Make sure you have healthy nutritious rich snacks with you so that your body doesnt run out of fuel as your vehicle does.lol!