Ask Experts » Government » Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation »

How to change birth date in birth certificate

Date: 05 Jul 2012   Group: Government    Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation    Posted By: [Anonymous]   

Hi. My cousin is having problem with her birth certificate and hence she cannot apply for passport. Her problem is, she was born on 26 June 1990, but in all her school and other certificates her birthdate is given as 26 May 1990. She has a job offer and needs to be done with her passport immediately. Is there a way to change the birth date in birth certificate to 26 May 1990 so that we can avoid changing date in all other certificates. And how to go about this problem. Whom should we contact and i need to know the procedure of changing if it can be done.
Thank you in advance.

Find Answers
Has your date of birth is written wrongly in the birth certificate and want to know how to change date of birth in birth certificate? Read on to know whether it is possible to change date of birth in birth certificate and what is the procedure.

Author: Deepti Kapoor    16 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Our birth certificate is our most important identifying document. We need it for filling paper work for new jobs and passport etc. First of all you have to send a request to the courthouse of the state where you born. Than fill out an application for correction, notary fee may apply for this service. In 2009, the average fee for a birth certificate change it was near about $15. Now, you have to wait for the correction to be completed. Once you submit your application it can take up to 30 weeks for the correction to be made. After the correction has been completed, either a new certified copy of the certificate with the correct date will be sent to you or a certified copy of the birth certificate with a line through the incorrect birth date, and the new date written nearby. It all depends on the states vital records procedure.

Author: Bhakti Savla    17 Jul 2012      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You can get your birth certificate re-issued by applying at your local Municipality ward office. It will take maximum 12-15 working days to get this done.

Though I would say it is better to have your actual birth date written on other certificates like degree certificate, college leaving certificate, etc. by getting a notary for them after modifications. Please note that for job purpose, one may need only few certificates and so it is advisable to get the required birthdate changes done for them. Also, please note that other certificates will never be used to validate birthdate, but only passport and birth certificate will be used for validation.

Author: Farid Akhtar    31 Jul 2012      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You need to apply to your local municipality with writing a personal application to the authorities. They will accept your application and give you a date to appear for the hearing. On that go the authorities and explain the mistake. You need to show some proof that your niece was born on this date with certificate from the hospital. Then they will change the date of birth if they find documents and justification satisfactory to their needs.

Post answer or solution to "How to change birth date in birth certificate"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem How to change birth date in birth certificate

You must Sign In to post a response.

Next Question: Merit List For Lady supervisor
Previous Question: How to obtain a non-availability certificate of birth record from Secunderabad municipality
Return to Question Index
Ask Question to Expert
Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

Related Questions
Popular Tags   What are tags ?   Search Tags  

Awards & Gifts
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.