Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

What should I do after completing btech in electronics and communication this year ?

Date: 07 Jul 2012   Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

I am a Btech ETC 8th semester student with 80% career. I am placed in Infosys but my joining is in April 22,2013. I have no interest to wait so long. So what should I do? Should I do any specialization course like CCNA, VLSI or should I opt for Mtech from any private university like KIITS because I have not qualified gate 2012 ? should I prepare for next year GATE or CAT ?

Selected in campus interviews but dont want to join due to long waiting time? Let us see what the experts suggest to final year electronics and communication engineering students about whether to study specialization courses like CCNA or VLSI, or should they do M Tech.

Author: Meenakshi Jain    10 Jul 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

Actually it happens with every fresher, every year. As soon they get passed out, they enjoy it for some weeks then it seems so boring and then they starts thinking to do something to cope with their leisure time.

Well Amaresh, best answer will be analyse yourself and look in which shoes, you can fit yourself the best.

Otherwise, to sit idly at home for about 6 months will be unfair and will also lower down your potential of working. So better, involve yourself with some of the tasks.

Choose the best after analyzing yourself. None of the outsider can help you rather then its you, yourself can help. All the best. Take care and cheer up.

Author: Vivek    10 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

It question arises in the mind of a person who is a fresher. We should watse our time by just sitting and thinking. We must find for ajob or the last step is to study further. We should aim high.

Author: Adi    10 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Electronics and Telecommunication is a good branch.
After completing b tech,the options you have are:

1. You can go for M TECH.
2. You can try for jobs in your sector.There are many jobs which require a b tech in EnTC trade.
3. You can opt for any other degree like MBA.
4. If you are interested in business and you think you will be good.Then you can start a business.
5. One important point never waste your time.Start doing something.

Author: Amaresh    10 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

should i prepare for java and android beside doing coaching for CAT? If so which institute and in which city should be perfect for learning java android? How is the scope in android?

Author: Prakhar Raghuvanshi    10 Jul 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

You have many options available:
i) You can go for M.Tech in any institution approved by AICTE. You can get direct admissions or apply through GATE exams. For GATE exams you have to do tough preparations and you will get good colleges even IITs. If you are sure that you can clear GATE next time then you can prepare.
ii) You can prepare for DRDO exam to become scientist in the defence forces for development and research. The exam is held in September.
iii) Prepare for CAT and get admission in IIM or some other college. Get great package from good college.
iv) You can join CDAC for your branch.
v) You can get yourself a part time degree in some courses and get specialization in it.
At the same time you can wait for your job.

Good Luck

Author: Vivek    12 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

After completing B.tech in electronics and telecommunication this year I think that in this current world you must prefer to study higher.
I will help you to choose your career,I am placing following options for you.
1.If you have a valid GATE score then choose for M.tech which provides many jobs,especially the jobs of lecturer.
2.If you have no valid GATE score that after filling the form of your choice college, you must qualify the NON-GATE exam OF ANY institute you like to study.
3.Other option is that try for Master of science(M.S),for this you first need to qualify the GRE exam,it is an exam which makes a person eligible to study in America ,which is one of the reputed universities.And after qualifying this exam then study abroad.
4.Or try for MBA,which makes you enter in the management field,in current era it has many demand.
It gives you the post of manager in any company.
5.Other option is that get certified from the governments institute for your faculty courses,which helps to improve your resume for interview.
6.Last option is that apply for any vacancies in company to earn money

Author: Aksh Vashishth    22 Jul 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

First of all congratulations for being placed in Infosys. Since you have quiet a lot time for your joining, sitting idle will be of no worth and its a must in today's world to study higher. After B.Tech you have two major options available - MBA and M.Tech
MBA - Doing MBA from a very good institution can really turn out to be very worthy. As you know you need to appear for CAT to get into a good MBA college. Since you have time, you can start working hard for CAT and since you are an engineer you must be good with the logical section. English and General Knowledge is what you should focus on more. Besides CAT i would advice you to go for GMAT too. Its an admission test for most of the universities abroad like Harvard etc. Prepare well for it and if you get into a good college you might want to even skip your job at Infosys. Trust me its worth it if you get into a prestigious institution.

Doing MBA will open many career opportunities for you as you might be knowing.

M.Tech - After doing M.Tech your career will me more of like that of a lecturer and if you decide to study even further say Phd then you may live like a scientist. If you have a liking for research or teaching then go for M.Tech. Again you have time so you can prepare for GATE and GRE(for admission abroad).

I personally would go for MBA from a good college and if i dont want to give up my job then i would go for a correspondence course in MBA side by side my job.

Ultimately its your decision to make but do something rather than sitting idle.

Author: Prakhar Raghuvanshi    23 Jul 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have many options open in front of you after completing your B.Tech
i) Keep on applying for jobs, You will get good job opportunities in public sector if you are from electronics and communication branch.
ii) Prepare for GATE exam and try to qualify. If you have a good gate score then you will have opportunities in many other fields. You can do M.Tech from NIT, IIT or any good institution.
iii) If you have good GK,English and other common knowledge then you can apply for IAS exams though UPSC or State PSC.
iv) Apply for job in Bank PO or some similar field. Meanwhile you will have time to prepare for some other jobs if you are once settled.
v) You can prepare for CAT exam to do MBA from any good college like IIM. So you will get a good package afterwards.
Good Luck

Author: Ajay Kumar Jajoo    29 Jul 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Keep on applying for jobs, You will get good job opportunities in public sector if you are from electronics and communication branch.

OR

Prepare for CAT and get admission in IIM or some other college. Get great package from good college

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "What should I do after completing btech in electronics and communication this year ?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem What should I do after completing btech in electronics and communication this year ?

Next Question: What to do after Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Previous Question: How to get best job after BE mechanical fresher with 81%