I have completed my B.E in Computer Science and got placed in one of the reputed organizations through campus interview. It was my dream company and I was looking forward to join it. But when I got my offer letter, I was disappointed to see that my Date of Joining was in May 2013, which means I have to wait for one more year. And also that, due to recession, the company is not performing well in the market.
Now I have joined a temporary job. I am confused whether it is worth to wait for a year to kick-start my career or should I seriously start looking for some other job? But, I heard all the IT companies are affected by recession in one form or other. Please enlighten me on what to do!
|Author: Sam 06 Aug 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
You can start looking for better available opportunities. There are too many options in IT, if you get a good head start in some other company with immediate joining then go ahead rather than just waiting. If nothing comes by that interests you, and your offer in May 2013 still stands, then you can take it at that time.
|Author: Madhvee Chaubey 06 Aug 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
If you are getting opportunity, then you should join other job. Instead of waiting for the dream company for one year, you can enhance your skills by working on any platform in small companies. You should also look for other offers because opportunities keep coming in life. But, more important is to identify the right one and take the right action at right time.
|Author: Bipin Peter 06 Aug 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
First upon I want to tell you that offer letter is not meant that job surety. Anytime they can call back the offer letter. And your DOJ is in May 2013 which is really too far. There is some news are coming about the recession. So it's very at this point of time to wait for this offer. I think you can look for any other opportunities parallel and in next year if the offer is valid and you're interested on it, then you can join in your dream company. Never lose your hope. Will hope for the best.
|Author: Kavitha 12 Sep 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
The good thing is you have opted for some temporary job. Make sure this temporary job is related to your profile, so that you can add this in your resume.
May 2013 is a long duration. You keep this offer in your hand and start looking for a permanent job. If you get a job which is better than the one which you are waiting for till may 2013, you can very well select the new job and go with it.
All the very best!
|Author: Shadab 21 Oct 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Its true that S/W industry is going through a bad phase but will recover very soon after the presidential elections in US.
Due to uncertain situation in market, many companies are delaying the recruitment procedures or have reduced the recruitment numbers compared to previous year.
In your case, I would suggest that you should try for another good job with your full dedication. Just remember that your new company should be really good to compensate for your dream company.