Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Documents of Address Proof required for Passport

Date: 03 Aug 2012   Posted By: janani     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

I wanted to apply for a passport and confused about what are all the documents required as address proofs. I am a major so can I use the Ration Card held by my Father(My name is mentioned on it)?. And if I can use what supportive documents do I have to produce along with it?. Can I produce my bank statement that I have joint with my mothers account? And is the address proof issued by MRO office recognized as a valid address proof by the passport department?

Thank You,
Janani

Want to apply for passport and confused about what is a valid address proof for passport application? Learn more about the documents required for passport application address proof.

Author: Naveen Soni    04 Aug 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4    Voting Score: 0

To apply for a passport, You need to have following documents:
1. Address Proof, or residential proof, attested by government employees.
2. Most recent 4 Passport sized photographs.
3. License or Identification Card for example Government ID system Card which started in 2011.
4. Birth-Certificate, Caste Certificate, or 10th Mark-Sheet or a 12th Mark-Sheet which can proof your valid birth date.
5. If you ever had a criminal case, then you should have a NOC on passport by the same court where your case was appealed.

After submission of all these, there would be a police inquiry, as they will assure the truthfulness of all the facts. Then within a period of 20 days you can get your Passport.

Author: Madhvee Chaubey    07 Aug 2012      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Documents that can be submitted as address proof.
1. Ration card
2. Telephone(Landline/ postpaid mobile) bill
3. Electricity bill
4. Bank Passbook with last one year transaction
5. Water bill
6. Gas connection proof
7. Voter ID card
8. Income Tax Assessment Order

If you are submitting ration card, then you will have to produce one more supporting address proof. You can show the joint bank account passbook as the address proof, but the condition is that it should be in running status.

Author: Sudhan    10 Aug 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Hello Friends,
I would say that there would be some documents that are required to produce in passport office. The most important thing that you need to produce is the ration card. But in case you have moved to a new location or you don't have a ration card then it would be better to produce documents like Telephone Bill, Electricity bill, water bill etc., If you don't have these too then you can get your parents passport with you and this could serve as the best alternative of the ration card. These are the things that could help as a proof for address. Hope it helped you.

Author: md ismail shekh    14 Aug 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

For Passport:The required Documents are following:

(a) Proof of address
(b) Proof of Date of Birth
(c) Citizenship Document

Thank you,

For detail please log in http://passport.gov.in/cpv/checklist.htm

Reference: http://passport.gov.in/cpv/checklist.htm

Author: Arun    14 Aug 2012      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4    Voting Score: 0

* If your DOB is above 26.1.1989 means you will bring your birth certificate. if it is under above mentioned date no need to bring.

For student

* If you are a student of any college or school then you must have your bonafide which is given by your institution.

*your 10th,12th original mark sheets with a one photocopy(xerox).

*Address proof any one/two of the following
1.Bank Passbook with last one year transaction
2.Water bill
3.Gas connection proof
4.Voter ID card
5.Ration card
6.Telephone(Landline/ postpaid mobile) bill
7.Electricity bill

For others(except students)
*Address proof any two/three of the following
2.Water bill
3.Gas connection proof
4.Voter ID card
5.Ration card
7.Electricity bill

note: PAN card is also a authorized proof only if PAN card postal cover should be with the applicant. because
PAN card contains no address. for that you will bring your PAN card with Postal cover(when PAN card sent by postal dept).

Author: Hafeezur Rahman P    21 Aug 2012      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

What are the address proof document or alternate document for address proof one need to apply for a passport. Please find the detail as follow;

1. Your name in Ration card with current residence address
2. Your name and detail in Voter ID with current residence address
2. Telephone bill in your name with current address
3. Your name in Driving License with current residence address
4. Your name in House rental / lease agreement
5. Notary attested affidavit in your name with current residence address etc.

Author: Ankur Abhishek    27 Aug 2012      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

hi,

Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Ration card, Telephone bill, Electricity bill, Bank Passbook with last one year transaction, Water bill,Gas connection proof,Voter ID card,Income Tax Assessment Order,House papers.

Author: NITIN YADAV    19 Sep 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hello friend
For address proof you can use your electricity bill but nowdays its not valid anymore.So the proofs you will require are you can use your banks passbook,you can use your voter id,your telephone bill,documents of your LIC policy etc.

Hope my answer will help you.