|Author: hussain 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Bronze Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
|4.3 forbidden error comes because the server decline to responds for the requested page.|
Your request is reached to the server but it don't responds to you.
It have many reasons like
1) you are not authorized person.
2) you have not rights to show that page.
3) Required log-in etc.
|Author: Nirupama Narasimhan 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
|The HTTP 403 Forbidden Error implies that the client's HTTP request has been received correctly by the server but access to the resource mentioned in the URL has been denied. The following points might be helpful:|
• Check if the URL indicates a web page and not a directory. Directory browsing is forbidden by most servers and will generate a 403 error. If the URL indicates a file, then maybe the file is missing in the directory.
• Check if you are able to access the page on any other computer. If it is accessible, then maybe a firewall or an ad blocker or some program that is running on your system may cause the server to return a 403 error.
• It could be that the site has moved and the server has no forwarding information.
• Some IP addresses may have been explicitly forbidden in the server's .htaccess file. Only the webmaster can help you with that.
|Author: Rajneesh Gupta 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 Voting Score: 0|
|Hi I can give you some reasons behind your query. Error 403 forbidden occurs when your authorization is expired to view particular site. You can open that website with the help of internet explorer but it will not display the webpage due to some strict rule by microsoft.|
Here are some instructions you can try these:
1. Change your current proxy settings.
2. I it doesn't work then:
-go to options
-then under the hood
-then change proxy settings
-then LAN settings
-then uncheck the use a proxy server for your LAN box
After doing this your error will definitely removed.
Hope this help you.
|Author: Bhushan Suryavanshi 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 5 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
what is HTTP 403 Forbidden Error?
When web domain or directory had limited access this error occurs this limitation is empowered by Web Administrators by anonymous users access is blocked or password is required to access such sites.
1.Check the targeted website status whether it is online or offline from your pc by entering URL on http://www.websitenotworking.com/ or on www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
2.Go to "Control Panel"
3.Enter the 'Administrative Tools" by double-click.
4.Go to the console list & click "Internet Information Services" which will open IIS settings.
5.Right Click on directory which receives 403 error & click on "Properties" entry in the menu.
6.Select "Directory Security" tab under properties & select edit under "Anonymous Access"
7.Click the box for "Anonymous Access" & press "OK".
8.Select again the "Directory" tab under "Properties" & Check the "Read" box only in the "Permission" section and press "OK.
9.In addition to this Uncheck the "Use Proxy" setting in LAN setting of connection tab in "Internet Options" & apply the settings.
10.Now again request the website, 403 error will be vanished.
|Author: NITIN YADAV 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Error 403 Forbidden is just an Hyper Text Transfer Protocol status code returned by the server when a user requests any page of the server that the server does not allow them to access.
This error also have various subtypes like 403.1,403.2 etc.These just defines which type of restrictions are applied.Is it for writing or for the reading etc.
There is nothing in your hand that you can do to fix it.It depends upon the web server.
|Author: Dhairya Khant 17 Sep 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 4 Voting Score: 0|
|The error 403 forbidden is status code of HTTP. This error was encountered while trying to access the page or resource which is currently forbidden for some reasons. It may also possible you specified an incorrect proxy server in your browser for this error. To solve this error follow this different steps:|
- First you should check the URL of the particular site, if the URL ends with the "/"(slash) it means you try to access some directory and sometimes it may cause this type of error. URL of the site always ends with the page name ".htm" or ".html".
Compare URL of the website between two Pcs where the first Pc show the 403 error and second Pc it may run successfully.
- Remove all proxy from the web browser or internet option. If you're using a dial-up connection, it may automatically specified the proxy or no need to change/remove the proxy.
- Try to open that website in your Pc with different Web browser. sometimes web browser generate this 403 error problem so try different web browser. I'd also face this problem and I've tried this procedure and it works fine.
|Author: Akash Shekhar 23 Oct 2012 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
|You can fix this error with the following methods:|
- Check your URL for any mistakes. Sometimes the website does not allow access to a specific directory. So you should only type the homepage URL of the site.
- Clear your cache and cookies. It might solve the problem.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for the problem. It might happen that your computer's IP or your whole ISP is blacklisted by the site.