My uncle is having a poultry farm. So, I have little knowledge about it.
Following things you should know before starting a poultry farm:
1) Open Land, it should be little far from city area.
2) According to the land and your budget, you should decide how many chickens you can afford and can take good care of them.
3) According to your land and required chicken, your poultry farm should be build (small/big). So estimate your cost.
4) You should have to know the supplier of chicken food.
5) What medicines are necessary for chickens.
6) Almost 95% chicken gives eggs every day, so egg distributor you should contact.
Advantages of Poultry farm:-
1.You will get 95% of chicken eggs and egg prices are high.
2.Chicken shit is good fertilizer, so that you will get good money by selling them.
Disadvantages of Poultry farm:
1.Chicken death, due to illness causes low production (1-2%).
2.If you are buying young chickens who are not giving eggs at that point, then you need to wait for one or half month and till now you have to give them medicines and food.
3.Chicken food is costly.
4.Need to keep poultry farm clean regularly, so that chicken should not get ill.
5.Proper water supply should be checked regularly.
6.Need to feed chicken at least twice in a day/ when food container gets empty.
7.Chickens are needed to be changed, when your production becomes poor or not according to your plan.
For best knowledge, visit a poultry farm and have a look and gather some information from the owner.
All the Best.
"Price is what you pay, Value is what you get" By Warren Buffet.