Ask Experts » Opinion About » Electronic Items »

How good are Alcatel mobile phones?

Date: 26 Nov 2012   Group: Opinion About    Category: Electronic Items   

I am planning to purchase a new mobile handset but i got stuck with the same old brands like Nokia and Samsung. Although they are offering good mobile handset but they are quite expensive when they offer some features like wi-fi and dual sim together. While searching for other brands i saw Alcatel, which offered good looking handset with full features at lowest prices.
I wanted to know that any of you who are using Alcatel mobiles to give their opinion with the handset model number.

Please avoid suggestions about Micromax, Karbonn, Videocon, Onida, Lava, Spice, Zen, and other similar brands.

Want to know about Alcatel mobile phones? Get first hand Alcatel cell phone reviews. Learn more about exclusive features of Alcatel mobile phones, specifications, price range and other details.

Author: Syed Musaddiq Nabi Andrabi    28 Nov 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Dear friend,
Alcatel mobiles as you said are not low at costs they offer a great variety of cell phones. If had to buy an Alcatel cell i would prefer the Alcatel One Touch 995 as it bears android operating system 2.3 having a great variety of apps, games etc with a good processor speed. But this costs above 10000/=. if you are searching for a low cost Alcatel cell , i would prefer you Alcatel One Touch 918 with dual sim facility.
And for the goodness of the Alcatel mobiles i would rate them 3.5/5 in general. So it is now your choice.
Thanks.

Author: Anand    28 Nov 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Friend,

Before planning to buy any mobile, you need to review the entire features and specifications and also I recommend you to do a study check of some of the wide range of them in the market or in the internet.

People always look for its features, price, durability, productivity and many such features which will give them a long run of any mobile.

Some of the best mobile (Alcatel) are mentioned below from ascending order.

It is always recommended to buy them from reputed showrooms in order to avoid any major issues on the duplicate ones which are sold in the prevailing markets.

Price ranging from Rs 3,800 – Rs 4,100

Alcatel OT-901N

Price in India approximate in between Rs 3,999 – Rs 4,050.

This mobile is my best option and the cheapest in wide range of Alcatel mobiles. It has two Sims and it allows us to use the two services at any time without using two mobiles. It has many features like, it has two SIM, 2.4'inch very slim and easy to handle, supported with 50MB inbuilt memory, FM Radio, Bluetooth, 3G and it can support up to 32GB in memory card slot, its processor unit is marginally faster which is 245 Mhz processor. This mobile is not a touch screen one.

The important aspect of this mobile is that it has long battery life and it is very helpful for new users.

Alcatel OT-810D

Price in India approximate in between Rs 4,100 – Rs 4,150.

The Alcatel OT-810 design is very cute to view, very slim, good screen. It is one of the best budgeted messaging mobile phone for teenage girls. It could be an added advantage if you gift them to your friend or to your loved ones. This mobile is my second best option and the cheapest in wide range of Alcatel mobiles. It has many features like, it is 2.4'inch very slim and easy to handle, supported with 50MB inbuilt memory, FM Radio, Bluetooth, and it can support up to 16GB in memory card slot. The important aspect of this mobile is that it has long battery life and it is very helpful for new users. It is not a 3G mobile and not a touch screen one.

Price ranging from Rs 7,000 – Rs 15,000

Alcatel OT-985N

Price in India approximate in between Rs 7,000 – Rs 7,500.

This is one of the best affordable and a comfortable mobile launched by Alcatel and this Android mobile is sold at a price range starting from Rs 7,000 to Rs 7,500. It has added features like, it is large 3.5'inch very slim and a touch screen display and supported with Android V2.3 Gingerbread Processor, it can support up to 32GB in memory card slot, Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G support, FM Radio, Bluetooth etc. People are very happy that they can buy this which is very affordable one and can get more benefits thereon. Furthermore, this smart phone includes 5megapixel rear camera that can capture images very clear.

Alcatel One Touch Ultra 995

Price in India approximate in between Rs 14,500 – Rs 15,000.

It is large 4.3'inch supported with Qualcomm Single Core 1.4GHz processor, supporting 1GB of RAM and it operate on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS which is very fast in browsing and downloading. It is can support up to 32GB in memory card slot, Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G support, FM Radio, Bluetooth etc.

Author: Manoj Chaurasia    28 Nov 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

@Sneha, thanks for your suggestion.
I searched for the above mentioned mobiles online but the price varied as compared to prices suggested by you.
I would like to make online purchase as i do not get enough time to go to market and search for the mobiles.
Can you suggest from which online portal can i make the purchase of the mobiles mentioned by you.

I need a dual sim mobile with wi-fi connectivity with good quality sound while making and receiving calls. I do not exactly need a multimedia phone as i do not play games or use any apps on mobile. For all those purpose i prefer my laptop.

What i need is a good touch phone with decent quality in terms of looks and in making and receiving call. i even used Samsung Galaxy Ace which is decent phone but still some features and its display when in daylight irritates me.

When comparing features i found that alcatel mobiles are way better and cheaper compared to samsung and nokia phones. Nokia and Samsung are infact extorting money in the name of brand. Alcatel itself is a big brand outside India, although it has not fared well till now India, as we are afraid to try new things.

I searched for Alcatel mobiles and i found 720D and 806D, out of which 806D is not available in market and 720D does not have wi-fi.

Author: Anand    29 Nov 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Dear Friend,

Kindly check in Amazon dot com.

Price as stated is approximate and may change due to market condition. The Best mobile is Alcatel One Touch Ultra 995.

Author: Pramod Dabholkar    01 Dec 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

Till now I have not seen any of my friend using mobile phone of Alcatel. Hence honestly not giving any fake suggestion from my side. There are some websites like flipkart.com which have these brand in their stock. This site also shows the views of customers who have purchased the same model. Those views will guide you before buying new mobile phone of Alcatel.

AS you have also stuck with some old and trusted brands like Nokia and Samsung then try to check the mobiles of these brands on flipkart having low price or which suits in your budget.

By visiting to such website you will get clear idea about prices, various features different handsets and definitely that will save your extra efforts.

Author: Muhammad Haris    01 Dec 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Alcatel OT-985N
Price range between Rs 7000- Rs 7500,
This is one of the best cell phone from all Alcatel mobile phone. It is very slim, and good touch screen system. It is Android 203 Gingerbread processor. It can support up to 32 GB micro SD card.
It has 5 mega pixel camera, which has a very fine result.
It also has WiFi, Bluetooth, Radio. WiFi speed in incredible. fast browsing and fast downloading can possible through this cell phone.

Author: Manoj Chaurasia    01 Dec 2012      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thanks all for your suggestions.
I am stuck between Alcatel OT-985N, OT-991D and OT-995D. Now I do not know whether 991D and 995D are available in market or not. They too meet my needs but their availability in market is not known.

Help me choose the best among them.

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "How good are Alcatel mobile phones?"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem How good are Alcatel mobile phones?

Next Question: How to choose a good DSLR Camera for beginner?
Previous Question: Can you suggest a good digital camera?