|Author: Bhakti Savla 04 Feb 2013 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
There are several good honeymoon destinations in India. Some great honeymoon places in India are as under:
Munnar, Thekkady, Allepey backwaters, etc. in Kerala (God's own country)
Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu
Coorg and Ooty in Karnataka
Dalhousie and Dharamshala
Auli, Corbett National Park, Binsar, Mussourie and Kasauni in Uttaranchal
Nainital, Shimla, Kulu Manali, etc.
Leh and Ladakh
Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, Lonavala, Tarkarli, Lavasa, etc. in Maharashtra
Andaman Nicobar Islands
From the above honeymoon locations, the best ones to visit in month of May are the ones from North India due to favourable climactic conditions.
|Author: Farheen Khan 04 Feb 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Since you are from Goa so no point in going to other water places such as Andamans or Kerala back waters. Considering the fact that you want to go in May (peak summers), the best idea would be to go to a hill station.
1. You can visit Kashmir Valley. There are beautiful places to visit there like Srinagar city (Shikara ride on Dal lake, Laze around in the Mughal Gardens), Gulmarg (You can take a Gondola ride right to the top of that majestic mountain - 4200m, and there is always snow there), Pahalgam (hire a pony or simply walk hand in hand around those beautiful mountains - amazing scenery, they even have zorbing in a cleared up section, enjoy the unpolluted waters of Lidder river) and other places which you may explore for yourself.
2. Hill stations of Himachal - Manali, Kasauli, Shimla, Kullu, Khajjiar, Dalhousie, McLeodganj - the state is pretty much full of hill stations so you can hop around a number of them spending a day in each.
3. Leh - If you are up for the adventure you can visit Leh. The place has absolutely outstanding beauty and summers are the best time to visit it. There are many beautiful monasteries, museums and don't miss the magnetic hill, hot springs, Indus and Zanskar confluence. But it takes some time to get acclimatized to the altitude so you should plan a long vacation (10 -15 days).
4. Go east: If you have love for exotica, adventure, wildlife and shopping then plan a trip to North-East India. There are so many places to visit that any description will fall short, so if you want to visit East then plan your trip according to your likes.
|Author: Shailesh 05 Feb 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
It depends on your ineterst or how do you want to enjoy it.
If you want to enjoy greenery, sightseeing, and something like Boat house stay then Kerala is best place.Here you can fine Coffee farms, wild life, Waterfalls, and lot of greenery.
If you want to feel and cool nature then I prefer you Shimla, Kullu , Manali. Most of people choose to go for Honeymoon during summer here.
If you want you enjoy totally coastal area then Andamaan and Nicobar is best option.
|Author: Dan 05 Feb 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
India has a lot of places for visiting and I'm giving you a important list.
- Sri nagar
- Andaman & Nicobar islands
- Lakshadweep islands
|Author: Kalyani 05 Feb 2013 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
First of all accept my congratulations for getting married and also I wish you a happy married life well in advance. Now coming to the question honeymoon, well it depends on the personal interests and tastes. Any secluded place with much of greenery and colors around would make a good place for honeymoon. As you mentioned that you are from Goa, I think there are many good honeymoon resorts and packages as well in and around your place and in Maharashtra as well.
In my opinion, it would be always nice to go to some nearby resorts only instead of going to far away places. The reason, couples want to enjoy their honeymoon trip to the maximum and do not want to take much of strain and responsibilities. As you plan for distant places, you need to plan well in advance and make necessary arrangements like booking room in the cottage / hotel and planning for food and there are so many other things to be taken care of. And all these burdens might make you sick of travelling. So it is always better to select a place which is not too far away from the place of your residence.
I think Lonavala in Maharashtra which is about 96 Km from Mumbai would be a good place for honeymoon as it is one of the beautiful hill stations with Mother Nature at her best in the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Matheran is another hill station in the Raigad District in Maharashtra and the place is located 800 m above the sea level. This small beautiful hill station is about 100 Km away from Mumbai and it full of beautiful locales.
Or else if you are instead in travelling long distances, then there is really no dearth for honeymoon places in India. First of all decide which region you want to choose for your honeymoon then accordingly you can plan your trip. Some of the best places in the Southern India are Ooty / Kodaikanal / Coonor in Tamilnadu are one of the beautiful hill stations which are real honeymoon spots. Even in the Road Transport Buses while going up the hill in the ghat roads, the couples are lost in their own world. There is lots of things to do in and around these places which are real enjoyable ones.
|Author: Bishes Dudani 05 Feb 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
Since you are marrying in month of may which happens to be hot summer and you are from Goa which is already an tourist destination famous for sea beaches.
So,I suggest you to go any hill station during your honeymoon below I am providing you some hill station which you can try.
1. Nainital - Ranikhet - Mussorie-Dehradun at Uttrakhand famous for beautiful green hills, gardens and great weather.Waterfall at Mussorie is hottest attraction.
2. Shimla-Kullu Manali-Dharamsala at Himachal Pradesh very safe and secure hilly areas with lots of tourist destinations.
3. Darjeeling-Gangtok : North Bengal & Sikkim famous for tea estate, lovely pleasant weather and lots of tourist attractions.
|Author: mamta 10 Feb 2013 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 Voting Score: 0|
I suggest you to go any hill station during your honeymoon below I am providing you some hill station which you can try.
Nainital - Ranikhet - Mussorie-Dehradun at Uttrakhand famous for beautiful green hills, gardens and great weather.Waterfall at Mussorie is hottest attraction.
Darjeeling-Gangtok : North Bengal & Sikkim famous for tea estate, lovely pleasant weather and lots of tourist attractions.
Hill stations of Himachal - Manali, Kasauli, Shimla, Kullu, Khajjiar, Dalhousie, McLeodganj - the state is pretty much full of hill stations so you can hop around a number of them spending a day in each.
Shimla-Kullu Manali-Dharamsala at Himachal Pradesh very safe and secure hilly areas with lots of tourist destinations.
India has a lot of places for visiting and I'm giving you a important list.
11.Andaman & Nicobar islands
|Author: Archana Lavate 23 Feb 2013 Member Level: Silver Points : 4 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Hello member, Congrats for the good news at first hand. Well a honeymoon is a very special time where both of them where you get lot of time to be with each other, know each others likes and dislikes. You come to know each other deeply. I think a place where you both get most of the time for just you two is the best, after all the harsh city lives and everyday busy streets are enough to be around people. At honeymoon, you should feel that it's just you two in this world and no one around.
For such a experience i would recommend you few good places around India. As i know you are from Goa so it is a hot region all the year round, you don't experience the cold and cozy feel of the winters anytime. And what would be best than a couple in and around a city that is cold? You can try going to the near by places like Munnar, Kerala. This is my favorite destination. If you are going in May, it is possible that Kerala is going to be hot at the most. So i suggest you do not look around for places in Kerala but just directly visit Munnar. I promise you that it won't disappoint you, if not too cold. It won't be hot either, also the tea gardens, the fresh aroma of tea, the clear climate, silent waves of breeze and the sweet smell of flowers there will make you fall in love. To get the ultimate exprience you can book hotel at Club Mahindra, they are the one situated at the edge of the height from where you will get the best views. Also you can take a stroll around the roads there, as they are very quite and very much peaceful and private. You can also visit Thekkady from there for ultimate Elephant experiences.
Another best place will be Kashmir. I would not suggest you Jammu, because again Jammu is below Kashmir and would be as hot as 30 degrees there, but the month you have chosen as your honeymoon is the best time if you are planning for Jammu Kashmir as the snow start melting in March and you have some best view of snow, glacier as well as the new flora that is born during the season. If you go to Kashmir you will get some awesome view of Gulmarg, Sonmarg the Amarnath hills etc. They are the best nature can offer to us. So beautiful, so cold and so lovable. The skies are so clear and the surrounding and people are so good that you feel blessed there. The hotels, houseboats are very cheaper there as compared anywhere. But see that you are reading daily news about the place as it is little bit attentive to visitors. Rest i have been there and the defense and army are helpful and make it very safe to travel.
Third you can watch out for Sikkim, Meghalaya, Assam. The place on my destination book. It is a place like heaven again. The time May is best. It is a place of Buddhism, Monks, Monasteries, Holy chanting, Chinese bells, Tea gardens, loving people and an awesome climate. These places are a must visit. Nepal is another holy place to travel. These places make you feel spiritually charged and blessed.
You can inquire about travel details from some of the best travel and tour guides online. Before going any traveler should study about the place they want to visit. Most of the time, we waste our time in searching and knowing things when we are in the new place. Internet makes you available every detail. So study everything about the place you are going, the means of travel, vehicles to take, food to eat, Restaurants, what to buy, where to shop, what to see. If you have these things in your pocket your trip is going to be perfect. Also do not forget to take a road map with you.
Hope this helps.
|Author: Manoj Badoniya 01 Apr 2013 Member Level: Bronze Points : 3 Voting Score: 0|
Dear Many, Many Congratulations for you that you are going to get married soon and have planned for Honeymoon and below I have listed some top most best places in India to go for Honeymoon
1. Himachal Pradesh - Shimla & Manali: Beauty of Nature and feeling of love in ice and full of peace
2. Rajasthan - Udaipur : Fortress and all other relevant places with silence flute
3. Kashmir : Pahalgam : Major Part of the Beauty of Kashmir
4. Kerla - Kovalam : Coconut Trees with peace and feel the cool breathing
5. Andman & Nikobar Islands : Amazing Structures made up by the Nature
6. Darjiling - Gangtok : Living Life between the beauty of Nature
7. Madhyapradesh : Khajuraho : Unbelievable sculptured temples which was made up during Chandel Empire
8. All beautiful Places : Ooty, Tajmahal - Agra, Nainital
All the best