Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Engineering Jobs »

What to do next after b.tech ECE?

Date: 11 Feb 2013   Posted By: Yalavarthy Aswini prasad     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Engineering Jobs   

Hello,

I am about to complete B.Tech Electronics and Communication engineering by the year of April/May 2014. Now Im in a big confusion about what to do next? So I thought that I can get expert answers from ISC members. What exactly can you suggest me to secure a job in any top MNC company? Im willing to know about which course can I learn if it is mandatory to get more chances of obtaining a job?

What are the all possible chances after B.tech for a ECE student

Do you want to know how to get a good placement after B Tech in ECE? Learn what courses you can pursue after B Tech in Electrical Engineering to secure a good future.

Author: Shailesh    12 Feb 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

My friend good to see you are on way to complete your degree. Now as you still have one more year start preparing for exams and aptitude from now itself. As you have almost one and half year, study very well each n every subject. If your primary target is job then Third year and fourth year is crucial to get technical knowledge. Take help from seniors who are doing job, take help from professors to understand subjects very well. If you have basic knowledge very well, company will of course choose you only. So just focus on study and prepare very well.You should not think much about courses now.
As you will be preparing and done very well with study then you can give GATE exam also if wiling to go for post graduation which makes better and nice opportunities for job.

Author: Prasanna    13 Feb 2013      Member Level: Silver     Points : 4  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Yalavarthy Aswini Prasad,
I too faced same problem when I passed BE (ECE) in 2009. When I placed to a MNC in 2009, every one forced me to do software job now I settled in Development field, But somewhere I feel little Sad of Electronics. . But you are good, you are thinking before one year. It depends on your interest, family background and situations you are facing. So I Strongly Suggest you to follow what your heart and mind suggest to you. First analyze your interest and your priority is of good package MNC jobs, Govt. jobs or higher education??
Higher education you have 3 options.
1) M.Tech: You can write local PGCET or GATE. I strongly suggest you to write GATE.GATE having good options to select Top Colleges. Now days for Govt. Jobs like BHEL, BEL, and other electronics based jobs considering gate score as mandatory. You can write Gate exam in 3 and 4th year as well. Gate exam will conduct every year Feb 2 week. For more details on Gate refer the site: http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
2) M.S: It is better option for computer based applications. If you plan to do MS then plan to do it in aboard. Search more details of it.
3) MBA: If you wish in administration section then go for MBA. For this CAT, MAT other local entrance exams are other. Search more details of it.
If you plan for software jobs, then concentrate on placements provide by your college. Choose courses like Java, Oracle Apps, Oracle DBA,.NET, Testing etc. of your choice. Find Good Job.
If you plan for Govt. job on Electronics then do with GATE. Other Govt. job refer employment news.
Hope It will clarify your query.