Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

Suggest me the best book to prepare for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam ?

Date: 06 Mar 2013   Posted By: Madan Gaddam     Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

I have applied for SSC(Staff Selection Commission) CGL(Combined Graduate Level) exam this time and I need to start my preparation for tier 1 exam which is on April 14th, 2013. Please suggest me the best book to prepare for the tier 1 exam and tell me how many hrs do i have to prepare in a day.

Are you looking for the best books to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam? Learn which books you should study to get through SSC CGL Tier 1 exam.

Author: Kamal Kishore    07 Mar 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 8  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Dear member as the time for the exam is very near so study hard to get good rank. Here I have suggested you a one of top rated book with its price, specification and about its contents. The book name is 'SSC Staff Selection Commission, Combined Graduate Level Examination for Tier 1 & 2'. There are total of 660 pages in this book and the book has been published in the year of 2012, by the publishers of G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd. It costs you Rs. 375/- only. In this book all topics has been covered with good explanation. It contains 'arithmetics' which further includes sixteen chapters such as fractions, compound interests, percentage, statistics and share etc. Another is 'general intelligence' that includes analogy, coding and decoding and all concepts with detailed explanation. Another two important contents of this book is 'general awareness and English'. In general awareness you can get all questions of events such as science, world, economy and technology etc. For general awareness you can update your knowledge with newspapers and other magazines too. If we talk about English all essential things has been included in this book regarding grammar, one word substitution, synonyms and antonyms means you will get whole English package. I think this book is very good and of course best choice to crack SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for Tier 1. Now you don't have too much time so you can prefer this book to ensure good marks in your upcoming exam. You should go through this book covers everything you need for the exam preparation. Best of luck to you for your exam.

If we talk about study time hours then it depends upon you and your schedule but at least four hours are sufficient. You can solve many mock tests to check your timing of solving particular questions because remember time management is the key to success in any entrance examinations.

Author: Bhavna    24 May 2013      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Surely, you may refer book:SSC Staff Selection Commission, Combined Graduate Level Examination for Tier 1 & 2 and also you should go through www.examkunji.com solve many mock tests at with question and answers as well.

In a day you must spend at least 7-8 hours with focused approach. Rest is depend on your time management and strategy.

All the best buddy..