Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Where we should submit Form-16

Date: 06 Aug 2013   Posted By: Hima     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

As July 31st is the last day to submit Now where and how we should submit Form-16.

Author: Dasa Dhanus    06 Aug 2013      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Form-16 is to be kept with you. You need not submit it anywhere.
Assuming that you are an employee of an organization you need to fill either ITR-1 form or ITR-2 form(which one depends on your rebate claims, show your Form-16 to some expert). You will input the details of your Form-16 in this ITR-1/ITR-2. Whether you do online or offline filing, you need not attach your Form-16.
The last date of income tax filing is already over. If you have not submitted your IT return you will have to do it now with fine.
In any case you need not submit Form-16 anywhere.

Author: [Anonymous]    06 Aug 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

Please meet any CA professional nearest to you. He/She will file your income tax return based on your Form-16. The last date of filing income tax return was extended to 5 August 2013 for the FY 2012-2013. Still it is possible to submit the same at Income tax department of your region.

Please note that from this year, online filing was compulsory for the people whose income slab is above 5 lakhs. So please consult with your nearest CA who does return filing at the Income Tax department. He will do the necessary things for you.

Author: Ashok Goyal    06 Aug 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Form 16 reflects only one source of income that is income from salaries and in case you had changed three employers during Financial year 2012-13 then you will get Form 16 from all the employers separately. You will be required to file your income tax return uploading or mentioning details of all salary incomes earned by you. If you have any other source of income that you will have to declare all your incomes in the return. If you have income from salary only and that to less than Rs.5 lac then you can file your income tax for free through
and once you file your income tax return yourself through their easy step by step guide then you will not miss any step to file your return in the most professional manner.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.