Ask Experts » Opinion About » Electronic Items »

Medium budget smartphone less than 15K

Date: 30 Aug 2013   Group: Opinion About    Category: Electronic Items   

I would like to know which smartphone is best in medium budget i.e. less than 15K, with all latest features, like updated android, minimum 4" screen, dual-sim, branded, GPS, maximum RAM, minimum dual core, etc.

I wish to know as per user practical experience, that is, those who are using the phone.

Ashish

Planning to buy a smartphone costing less than 15K? Before doing so, get user feedback in this thread on medium budget smartphones in India.

Author: Sam    31 Aug 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Samsung Duos
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Nokia Asha
Sony Xperia Mini

Above smartphones are under range of 15K
Samsung would be my first choice followed by Xperia and then Nokia

I personally had Xperia and it was good except the battery which would only last for a day. My friends use Samsung Duos and its a worth more than its price.

Author: Poornima Prasath    31 Aug 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

At the price range you have mentioned, I would suggest you to consider the Xolo Q1000 which was recently released around May 2013. I'm personally using it and I really feel it's well worth the price. Some of the standout features of this android smart phone are under mentioned:

1. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad core processor.

2. 5 Inch IPS display with 294 PPI.

3. Dual sim available

4. 8 MP rear camera with BSI Sensors and LED flash

5. 1.2 MP front camera

6. Long standing 2100 mAh battery.

7. Runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2

When I was searching for online reviews about this phone, I got more positive reviews than negative ones. Only negatives that were highlighted was about the phone getting heated up and the after sales service. But from my experience what I felt is there are absolutely no heating issues unless you put the phone under something like a pillow for a long time where there is lack of ventilation. As for the after sales service, I have no experience on those grounds since I have not had any issues with my phone till now. There are a few direct dealers for this mobile around my area. Please make sure you have such dealers in your area too in case you plan to buy this so that servicing, if required, will be easier.

Coming to the positives, The battery is pretty decent and comes for a whole day for a normal user. The camera with LED flash is also very good for a phone at this price range. The full HD video recording and playback is also awesome. I would like to point out here that I personally went to showrooms and compared this phone with other phones in this price range. So I'm very happy with Xolo Q1000 and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Author: Dan    31 Aug 2013      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2    Voting Score: 0

I will recommend you the brand new Xolo Q 700 which is even bellow 10,000 Indian rupees but it has the dual core processor, dual sim and all other advanced features for a good smart phone. You can also buy the Micromax Canvas HD which is also has the price bellow 15,000 rupees and which has higher resolution than the Xolo Q700.
Author: Ashish    31 Aug 2013      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Thanks for answers, but I'm preferring either Samsung or Sony Ericsson, because the camera quality of other companies is not very good w.r.t samsung so kindly suggest, about

Samsung I8552 - Galaxy Grand Quattro,

is it good or not ?, or any other mobile (sony or samsung)
Thanks in Advance

Answers      

Post answer or solution to "Medium budget smartphone less than 15K"

You can earn revenue online from Google AdSense and our revenue sharing programs by post valid, self written answers for the problem Medium budget smartphone less than 15K

Next Question: Suggestions needed for Huawei cell phones
Previous Question: Want to purchase a Mac laptop for animation purpose