|Author: Sam 23 Sep 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 1 Voting Score: 0|
These apps are like chatrooms where you can chat with your friends or form groups and chat, share pics, videos, voice messages. Messaging in these apps is free as compared to sms servive provided by telecom service providers.
|Author: Chitra 26 Sep 2013 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
- It enables you to chat with those people in your contact details, provided you have access to internet or packet data.
- Like a social networking site, you can add your profile pic and members who have saved your mobile number can know when your are online, accordingly then can start a chat conversation.
- If you do not have balance in your mobile to make a call, you can use these applications to sent text or to chat. (internet is needed)
- No money is required to chat, if you have an internet access.
- Even though you do not have the contact number of a person, he/she will get to see your profile pic, status (online or not) and can chat with you, if they have saved your number. This way people whom we do not like can start a conversation with us.
- Try not to upload your original profile pic as anyone who has saved your phone number and is using the same application can download it. It is easy to get one's number these days. At times we may have to make calls to strangers for any valid reason, what if they are saving your number and is using Whatsapp? They can surely get your whatsapp profile pic, so to avoid it, do not upload a profile pic or upload a scenery or so.
Apart from these, there are not much disadvantages to these applications.