Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

Unable to connect my Samsung Tablet with Airtel 4G Hot Spot

Date: 26 Nov 2015   Posted By: KVRR     Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

I am facing a peculiar problem with my Samsung Tab Pro SM-T320 running on Android 4.4.2 version. Recently I purchased an Airtel 4G Hot Spot. My laptop and my Samsung mobile are getting connected to it but not my Samsung Tab. I have taken my tab to Samsung service station and the tab got connected. They said that there was no problem with the Tab or the signal of the Airtel WiFi. Except at that place, I was not able to connect my tab with Airtel. At my home, I am able to connect all my three devices, the laptop, mobile and the Tab with BSNL WiFi. Can anyone give a solution to this problem? Awaiting responses from experts.

Having a problem connecting a tab to 4G hotspot? Experts will resolve your query on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: -1

First of all I would like to know whether BSNL WiFi device is of 2G/3G, or 4G? Is it GSM or CDMA? I hope Airtel WiFi device is 4G of GSM and wouldn't configure properly with your Tab PC. You may try your Tab with another (other BSNL device) data card (like Reliance or Idea etc.) to understand the real technical problem that lies on pairing the Airtel data card vs Tab on WiFi hotspot.

In general, there is no issue in your Tab or its configuration to identify the 4G features WiFi except some technical / app issue in Tab for searching particular 4G feature.

Author: KVRR    30 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

The connection is BSNL broadband through phone cable. The modem is a WiFi modem. There is no problem with the Tab and the 4G Hot Spot. How to find the technical/ App issue.

Read related posts: 4G