Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

How to reduce my height naturally if it is possible

Date: 27 Nov 2015    Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

I am 19 year old boy and I have 6.5 feet. I feel shy because of my height and my friends are shorter than me. How to find a solution for this problem? What will be my height after 2/3 years? My 2 friends are facing the same problem. Can I go back to 5.8 feet or is this a genetic problem? Experts: do respond.

Are you tall as compared to your friends? Wondering how to reduce height? Then on this page, experts will respond to your query.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You may contact an Endocrinologist because most probably you are suffering from more than usual secretion of Somatotropic Hormone (STH). This excess secretion can be controlled by an Endocrinologist.

On the positive side, you may consider joining professional basketball league in the US and earn millions of dollars.

Author: T.Krishnamoorthy    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are many people who want to increase height for that they used to take capsules available in medical but you are totally different and asking how to reduce height. This may be genetic and due to excessive release of growth hormone some time the people look extra height. In my view, you cannot decrease height but you can keep constant from further growing because you have two to three year growth. In general male grow in height up to 22 or 23 yrs. You can join weightlifting class which will suppress your height and increase your weight. Don't worry you will look fine and smart in this height if you increase your weight too. The height weight ratio relates to body mass index. Your Height is 6.6 feet so the balanced height should be 72-95 kgs. At the same time consult a doctor for medicine to inhibit the growth hormone.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

In fact, the height once attained cannot be shortened by any means. Growth is attributable to genetic factor as well. Since you are already 19, so the rate of growth should stop within a year and there may be a marginal increase in terms of height.
You should not worry unnecessarily for the height - issue since you would come across many successful personalities of your height doing varied jobs in almost all fields.
However, you have to take care of your BMI and it must be matching to your height. In that way, you would look attractive and healthy. Think of the areas where you can excel well. Inculcation of positive energy within yourself would lead to success in any field, you undertake.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

It is not possible to reduce height already achieved. But if the extra height growth is due some imbalances in your body system, then as suggested by an earlier answer, you may consult the medical side qualified practising professionals.

You may do some dressing tricks by grooming and dressing certain ways which will help appear a bit less tall. (say horizontal stripes instead of vertical stripes, flat hairstyle, using ultra thin flat footwear, loose shirts etc).

But you need not curse your status, but think how it can be used as gift. For example, you may get easily selected for basket ball games , you may be able to do service jobs like repairs of ceiling fittings as you may reach them without using stands and supports for height. You can join the 'tall men association' in the locality or in available nearby place.

It is all seeing green on the other side of the field. Those who do not have height envy tall people, and you are feeling bad about your height. Believe that nature has given something special to you in favour. By and by you will love the attention you get.

Author: [Anonymous]    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There is no way to decrease the already gained height.
There are ways through which you can control further increase. As you have mentioned that you are 19 now, anyways there will be slight increase only. But still if you want to consider this option then mentioned points you may have-
1. As abnormally increased height is a result of excessive secretion of related hormone, so you need to coobsult endocrinologist for the same.

2. Doctor may also consider your family pedigree to judge its gentic- hereditary effects. You have not mentioned about your sibling's or father's height.

3. You can include some work outs which negatively affects height. The best is weight lifting.

4. There are some out door games like hockey which also restricts increase in height.

Apart from all these points, I would suggest you to feel good for whatever you have.
There are many thinga which a short heighted person cannot do but you can.
Take it positively and search of better options for yourself.

Author: Mahesh    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You can't reduce the height naturally or unnaturally as the bone structures are what makes up the height. What you can do is slow it down. Most of the people slow it down by gaining weight. Considering your age is 19 and you have two more years left for gaining height. So in these two years, focus on gaining the weight which is good for your BMI index. So once you focus on gaining weight then the height will be under control. There is no artificial or natural way to reduce the height. Anyone who tells you is just trying to make money off you.

Author: Dr T.S.Sarkar    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There is mainly two causes of increase height.
1. Familial: If long height present in family. Not to worry about it
2. Hormonal Defect : It may be due to STH/GH ,
You should check Blood Sugar(F), Blood STH / GH level,T3,FT4,TSH level.
For further information and management You should contact an Endocrinologist.

Author: Dhruv    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

Dear friend, you should only worry about your height if there is any hormonal defect. Since many other experts have already suggested you to go for a check-up, so do that first. Once you are sure that your increased height is not due to any hormonal defect, start celebrating your good height. In India only a few are gifted with good height. You are one among those lucky few. By the way you are already 19 years old, which means you have almost reached to your peak height. You are unlikely to grow further tall.

One of your statement is quite contradictory. First you say that your friends are all short. Later on you add that two of your friends are facing the same problem. From the later statement I can figure out that you indeed have friends similar to your height. So why do you feel shy about it? The logic of getting height reduced to 5.8 metres is also not clear to me. Why do you want to revert back to such an average height? A person with good height always has the edge over others in terms of appearance and personality. He or she commands more respect than an ordinary soul. People with height have a great advantage over others in most professions. They always get the preference in most such selections. In sports too they excel compared to the shorter people. Games like, athletics, basketball, volleyball, football and other contact sports call for good height. I read in the newspaper that an Indian from Punjab who had a very good height was selected by an NBA team for playing basketball in the US. He is being paid very handsomely.

All said, you should feel good about your height. Yes, your body needs extra nutrition compared to an average person. Maintain your health by doing exercises or joining a gym. Concentrate on your studies. From your age, I assume you are still a student. Don't take unnecessary stress about your height. Get a check-up done to be doubly sure that there's nothing abnormal about it. That's all.

Author: Shri Naganand Gopal Kailaje    01 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Actually there is no need to feel shy because of your height. You may be feeling embarassed because your friends are shorter than you. There are advantages of having a good height. You can participate in sports, athletics etc where having a good height is very advantageous. In fact, your friends who are shorter than you may be trying to increase their height. Further, it is not possible to reduce your height.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.