There are many professional councils of Government of India, which are responsible for the recognition of courses, promotion of professional institutions and providing grants to undergraduate programmes and various awards. List of various councils are given below.
1. All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) - For more information regarding approved colleges and all visit http://www.aicte.ernet.in
2. Medical Council of India (MCI) - For more information regarding approved colleges and all visit http://www.mciindia.org
3. Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) - For more information regarding approved colleges and all visit http://www.icar.org.in
4. Dental Council of India (DCI) - http://www.dciindia.org
5. Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) - http://www.pci.nic.in
6. Indian Nursing Council (INC) - http://mohfw.nic.in/kk/95/ib/95ib0301.htm
7. Bar Council of India (BCI)
8. Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH) - http://www.cchindia.com
9. Central Council for Indian Medicine (CCIM) - http://www.ccimindia.org
10. Council of Architecture - http://www.coa-india.org/
11. Distance Education Council (DEC) - www.ignou.ac.in/dec/
12. Rehabilitation Council - http://rehabcouncil.nic.in
13. National Council for Rural Institutes (NCRI) - http://www.ncri-mhrd.org/
14. State Councils of Higher Education (SCHE).
You can visit the above links to check the college name in the list.