Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

Spelling mistake in few documents

Date: 27 Nov 2015    Group: Government    Category: State Government   

I have a query related to my documents. My
father's name is spelt differently in graduation and central teachers eligibility test certificate as compared to other documents. Will there be a problem in document verification?
My father has passed away 20 years ago and my mother got remarried. So my identity card and other documents have my second father's name and even my mother's name was changed. I have declared it in Indian gazette. Will there be a problem in document verification?
Awaiting response from experts.

Worried if spelling mistakes in documents will create a problem in document verification? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If the error in respect of second's fathers has appeared and you want to get the same corrected, take the help of the Marriculation Certificate of your second's father where in the name of your father is indicated. This would produced before the First Class Mazistrate and a copy of affidavit is to be procured from the court. Later on, you may send a notification in the paper indicating the authentic name of father.
You may contact the office of Registrar of the university to have a duplicate - certificate where the corrected name of your father should appear in the certificate released by the university.

Author: NAVCHETAN KUMAR    28 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If there is a spelling mistake in your graduation degree certificate then it is easily get corrected by your College/University. You will have to write an application to your university Registrar regarding the name correction of your father in degree certificate. Do not forget to attach a xerox copy of your certificate and other documents along with your application. Once you get the corrected certificate there would not be having any problem at the time of verification. You can mention the urgency requirement of your certificate for verification purpose. If you do not have enough time then i would suggest you to get an affidavit from the Magistrate of Civil court. Within a single day you will get your affidavit letter. You can attach this along with your all certificates in which spelling is wrongly printed.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.