Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Confused about double graduation

Date: 28 Nov 2015   Posted By: Arshad Ayub     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed my 12, CBSE in 2010 with 71% and then opted for BCom from Calcutta university. In second year I
failed in Eco+Maths. Then I took admission to Vinobha Bhave University where I have completed my graduation in 2015. But till date my Eco paper is pending. I am also pursuing CA but I have not been able to clear CA Intermediate from 2012. I am confused since both colleges are regular. Is double graduation illegal in India? Should I continue my CA or switch over to another course? ff not CA, then which course should I switch to? Awaiting advice from experts.

Wondering if double graduation is illegal in India? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: [Anonymous]    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I have a doubt that- Is your Eco paper pending from your Calcutta university or Vinobha Bhave University?
If it is from Vinobha Bhave University, then your B.Com is yet not completed.
If it is completed fully from Vinobha Bhave University then it is ok it your Eco paper is pending from previous university.

Regarding your ongoing CA course, I guess, you have given a lot of your precious time and you are still not very clear about it.

You should change your field from CA as it needs lots of efforts and hard work. You faced problems in your Graduation with commerce specialization is a hint that you do not have much interest in the same.

You can do some short term course from any registered institute like NIIT and get a job in your choice of field. They offer IT fields course with different sectors and specializations.
They also offer job guarantee for some courses.

I do not think that moving forward with CA preparations will help you out.

Author: Seema Shah    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Well, the onset: you have multiple tasks at hand. So managing and balancing all of them is a concern. Here are my suggestions:
Is double graduation illegal in India since both colleges are regular?
Yes, it is illegal. Since the courses are full time, you are on roll in one college, for the entire course period. Then how can you be on the roll of another college for full time. Even if you do two graduations simultaneously, your certificates will not be accepted at ant place of work. So my advice is that you forget the Calcutta university course, in which you have not cleared second year.

Should I continue my CA course or switch to other courses and which should those be?
Without any delay, continue CA, study well and give the exams. If you forget the Calcutta university graduation, then you will be able to concentrate on your CA exam.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

1.It must be clearly stated that double Graduation is presently not allowed in India.
2. It is not understood whether you have actually completed your graduation from Vinobha Vabe University, or not. If you have completed your Graduation from that University and have received the Provisional Certificate or Final Certificate on completion of Graduation, I would strongly advise you to discontinue your pending Graduation from the University of Calcutta.
3. So far as continuation of CA course is concerned, the final decision lies with you only. You have to take a decision considering your own capability, your age and financial status of your family. Don't get confused by various views.

Author: Kailash Kumar    30 Nov 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Ultimately what is your goal? To accumulate degrees or find a suitable job to make you independent by enabling you to earn a decent livelihood. Therefore it is imperative that in case you have completed any degree course, then try to find out any job on the basis of that degree without bothering much for completing many courses. After finding a job, further efforts can be continued for completing additional degrees for betterment of career.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.