Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Confused between International business and Operation management in MBA?

Date: 29 Nov 2015   Posted By: raman     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I have just started my PDBA from IMT-CDL. I am not able to decide which specialization shall I choose between International business and Operation management?
My profile:- I've got almost 6 years of experience as a "Bilingual Expert" in the BPO industry. I have cleared DELF (Diplôme d'études en langue française) B1 and DELE (Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera) A2.
Which specialization should I choose? What job opportunities are available after completing this course?
Experts: do respsond to my query.

Confused about which specialization to choose in MBA? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Seema Shah    29 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You can choose the specific specialization provided that:
a. International business: have a knack for business, understand different economies and cultures of the countries across the globe, love traveling abroad.
b. Operation management: have a knack for managing production, improving production, interest in LEAN, JIT etc.
There are ample job opportunities in both, but the work profile will differ.
This is a choice which will define your future, it has to be made only once in a lifetime and hence choose the one which you love/ like.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Taking into consideration your experience as bilingual expert in the BPO industry and having completed two diploma courses in foreign languages, specialization in international business may be more relevant compared to operation management. The additional qualification may help you in getting promotion in your existing job also.

Author: [Anonymous]    01 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Both the fields are having so much demand now days.
You need to evaluate yourself and decide what you want and what you can.

As per your experience, it will be good if you will go for International Business. You have good experience in BPO so I guess that you might be having good idea about other basic details of other countries.
This will help you to settle down in your career.
Pursuing other short term course will add on value in your professional records.

In case of Operation Management, you will need to learn so many things related to the field and then too you will be considered as fresher. So, it will be a long way to go.

Author: raman    06 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

@Anonymous You suggested that "Pursuing other short term course will add on value in your professional records". Could you please suggest some courses and when shall I go for them? After my MBA or while pursuing it?