Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

How to correct father's name in Std 10 certificate

Date: 29 Nov 2015   Posted By: manoj kumar murmu     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

My father's name is Paremeshwar Murmu. However, in my 10th certificate, my father's name is given as Rameshwar Murmu. I want to know: will this difference in name create a problem for me when I apply for a Government job. If yes, then can you guide me on how to get the name correction done?

Worried that your father's name has been incorrectly given in your Std.X certificate? Get quick expert advice on how to get it corrected.

Author: Zeba    30 Nov 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

The guidelines for change in the name Father or Guardian in 10th Certificate.
First of all, it can be done within a period of ten years from the
date of issue of such documents.
The candidate must submit a written application for the same.
Even parents can submit the application on behalf of the candidate and it should be duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with the following documents:
a.) Original copy of two newspapers( daily
English/Hindi newspaper at National level and
daily newspaper in a vernacular language
circulated in the locality), in which desired
change has been published.
b.) Original Affidavit duly sworn before the Judicial
Magistrate, First Class/ Metropolitan
Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Sub Divisional
c.) Original copy of Publication in Government
d.) Payment of prescribed fee
e.) True copy of admission form filled in by the
parents duly updated as per Gazette Notification
of the required change and duly attested by the Head
of the concerned institution.
f.) Attested true copy of the school Leaving certificate in case of transfer from other institute or school.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    30 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, if you don't get it corrected/clarified, it will definitely cause problem at later stage, because this is a serious discrepancy. So, you have to draft a suitably/properly worded affidavit. You have to get it verified before a First class Magistrate of your locality. Moreover, you have to publish similarly-worded advertisement in an English newspaper and a vernacular newspaper. You are required to preserve the affidavit and the advertisements carefully.

Author: [Anonymous]    30 Nov 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The difference in Father's name will obviously create problem for you in future.
You must get it corrected on time.
For that you need to do-
1. Prepare a affidavit with correct name through Magistrate.

2. You will need to publish a column in news paper mentioning that your Father's name is "Paremeshwar Murmu".
Keep the copies of those newspapers with you safely.

3. You may also need the Birth Certificate, School leaving Certificate, or any other identity related document of yours and your father's. So be prepared with them.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    08 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

The answer to the subsequent question:

After getting an affidavit prepared, you have to submit attested copy of the affidavit along with copies of other certificates.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.