Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Different names in marksheet of 10 and 12

Date: 01 Dec 2015    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

My name in different in 10 and 12 marksheet. The Board is not changing the name due to time bound case. What is the affidavit procedure and format of affidavit? Does this require gazette notification for name change? Experts: kindly resolve my query.

Having different names in marksheets? Wondering how to rectify it? Find suggestions from experts on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    02 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

You have mentioned 2 different names in two major documents.
Yes, it will need an Affidavit procedure for correction.

The format of Affidavit includes the address of Magistrate of your locality (to whom you are going to present that documents), then subject and lastly the details.

In Subject you will mention- "Request to accept the correct name in XYZ document".
The main body of application will include both the names you have mentioned in 10 and 12th mark sheets, then you will mentioned about your correct name.
You will also need to enclose any identity proof document like Birth Certificate or Adhaar card, etc.

Once it get signed by Magistrate, you need to publish the same details in News paper. It is advised to keep the copy of it safely with you.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    02 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you don't get it corrected/clarified, it will definitely cause problem as this is a serious discrepancy. So, you have to draft a suitably/properly worded affidavit like: 'This is to notify that X (name as appeared in CBSE-Xth standard) and Y (name as appeared in CBSE-XIIth standard) are the same person'. You have to get it verified before a First class Magistrate of your locality. Moreover, you have to publish similarly-worded advertisement in an English newspaper and a vernacular newspaper. You are required to preserve the affidavit and the advertisements carefully.
Please initiate and complete the above action at the earliest to avoid future problem.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.