Ask Experts » Computers » Hardware »

Is this PC configuration good for gaming?

Date: 02 Dec 2015   Posted By: Jacob     Group: Computers    Category: Hardware   

For the last few days I have been looking for a good value pre-built PC. I have now finally found one but I am not sure if it is good value, so I would really appreciate it if you were willing to help.Here are the PC Specs and information:
CPU- AMD A8-7650K
RAM- 8 GB
Graphics card- GTX 750Ti
HDD- 1TB
Optical drive- Samsung DVD Burner
Audio- On board HD Audio
Network- USB Wireless Card
PSU- 550W with 12cm Super-Silent Fan
Case- Normal case with all necessary ports.
OS- Windows 8.1 PRO
Monitor- AOC e2050Swd 20-Inch (Cables included)
This PC will cost me $921.72 (AUD)
1.) Is this PC good value and should I buy it?
2.) Will I be able to game on this? (Games like GTA V, Just Cause 3 and CSGO)
Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Thankyou,

wondering about the best configuration for gaming? Check out suggestions on this page given by experts.

Author: bijendra    03 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes this configuration is good but in most of the cases it depends on the game requirement. The configuration generally mentioned on the gaming envelopes. See the requirements and adjust your system according the the game.

Author: Anilkumar    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

This configuration is very good.The games all prefer for AMD only. AMD was best for the high ended games.
Now a days games are required more space and high graphics. For Example Call of duty black OPS 3 is 28 GB to 54 GB and GTA VI is 50 GB to 60 GB.
It was a beginning of Game Wold in future the games are more GB and high graphics.
In future you have to upgrade your graphic card and memory of your computer.

Author: pramod kumar kushwaha    16 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Configuration provide by you is GOOD for Gaming as well as high end performance. Specially AMD prefers for gaming purpose because its chip contain processor with radeon graphics , so in built graphics is excellent for low end gaming.
But you have NVIDIA graphics card GTX-750TI that is the best graphics card as well as 8 GB of RAM for gaming.
Before playing any game check its requirement.
Internal speaker or on board speaker is good but for better sound effect you have to buy external speakers for gaming.
Overall Your Configuration is good.

Author: Krishna Teja Yeluripati    04 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The configuration is sufficient for gaming (even for the biggest of games). That computer has an 8GB RAM which is more than enough for games. Most games need less than 6GB RAM. It also has a good graphic card. So, your choice in buying this computer must depend on what you feel about the cost of it. If you think the cost is much and you play games not very frequently, you can choose any other computer with a 6GB RAM or less. But if you think the cost is OK, you can buy it without any doubt. It has the best configuration suitable for gaming.

Hope this answer helps.

Author: Ganesh    06 Jun 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The configuration is sufficient for gaming and softwares performance .I think the AMD processor is the best for gaming, I am using AMD processor last few years. Even biggest games can run without graphics card. So i agree that the processor performance is amazing for gaming. The 8 GB RAM and Graphics card(GTX 750Ti) should support and improve the gaming performance. And I heard that windows 8.1 x64bit enhancing and smoothening the gaming performance and gives best out from graphics card. So its the best configuration. But i am little confused about its price. I think that the price you mentioned above is high. The same configuration should get more economical than the price you mentioned.
So please check the price.