Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Medical Jobs »

Want to pursue medical education in India but practice abroad

Date: 02 Dec 2015   Posted By: shivani chaturvedi     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Medical Jobs   

I am a student of class 12 from CBSE Board Delhi. I want to pursue medical education and become a doctor but after that I wish to work and practice abroad. Which entrance exam needs to be given? After qualifying AIPMT and studying MBBS in India is there any chance of practicing abroad? Which exams need to be given?
Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Interested in studying medicine in India? Wondering how to practice abroad after MBBS? Check out suggestions by experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    02 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There is always a chance for meritorious students to find opportunities abroad. An impressive academic record helps in fulfilling the dream and make the things much easier. The author should work very hard for competitive entrance examination and try to get admission in the best possible college for medical education . The reputed and prestigious medical colleges of India are known in the medical circles abroad also. As far as medical practice abroad is concerned, that depends on country to country e.g. for medical practice in US, passing USMLE and completing residency is required.

Author: Niya    02 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Yes. It is possible to practice in abroad after pursuing MBBS in India, but there are some qualifying exams. You need to score better in qualifying exams to get registered your name in the medical council in the particular country.

Following are some qualifying exams,
2. PLAB test

USMLE – United States Medical Licensing Examination. Qualifying in USMLE allows you to practice medicine all over US. This exam has 3 steps and you have to be qualified in all 3 stages to get a visa. USMLE is a very tough exam comparing to other countries.

PLAB test –Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test enables you to practice medicine in the UK. There are 2 steps in PLAB test.

Different countries have their own qualifying exams, but some GCC countries do not require any qualifying exams to practice as doctor in their country.
USMLE is tough, but better option. Some countries like New Zealand and Australia requires US or UK degree to practice there.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

For medical practice in a country, the medical practitioner is required to get himself/herself registered with the Medical Council of that country. For registration, different countries have different rules. As for example, to practice in the US, a person has to clear USMLE and has to complete the residency period. Similar rules are in vogue in other countries also.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.