What courses to take up after dropping out of engineering

Date: 03 Dec 2015   Posted By: Bucket     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I had decent marks in 10th grade (80%), bad marks in 12th grade (56%) and now I have failed my first year, first semester engineering exam three times in a row. While I did have my reason for why I managed to fail so spectacularly and so consistently, I doubt those will be of any help here.

Right now I have no idea about what I am going to do in the future.I cannot take up a job or start a shop or something because my parents will not allow that. They've been incredibly supportive throughout all of my failures and I don't want to keep feeling like I am letting them down every time.

If anyone knows of any course in Pune University that won't require a very good percentage then I would really appreciate it. I am fairly decent with languages and math, I am comfortable around people and I don't mind having to work hard. It would be extremely helpful if any suggestions could include courses that have to do with wildlife or nature in general (or even geography) because I am quite interested in those subjects and have a decent background for them.
ANY suggestions will be welcomed. I am at the end of my rope here.

Confused about what to do after dropping out of engineering studies? Take expert suggestions and guidance on your future academic and career path.

Author: Kailash Kumar    03 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author should talk to his parents and convince him that by his hard work, he will be able to complete AMIE while doing a job. There appears no reason to waste precious time in continuing engineering degree course when the author himself claims that he knows the reasons also. There is no gain in continuing studies without any purpose or objectives. The author should introspect to know as to what are his plans for future. In case the parents are so wealthy that doing some job is not felt necessary, even then, efforts should be made to acquire capability for future generations.

Author: [Anonymous]    03 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

After reading your reading your query I am really very curious to know the reasons fro your consistent failure. But it is truly your choice to reveal that here.

As per my views, with the help and support of parents, any problem can be over come and your also. You are very fortunate to have such a loving and caring parents who are still supporting you.
Have courage and work harder with full determination. Nothing is impossible.
This will be my first advice.

If you still do not want to go with your engineering, then you need to decide what you expect from yourself after 4-5 years.
And then decide the way. Merely getting any degree will not solve your problem.
In Academics, these 3 failures and low grades in 12th will always pull you down. So you may go for some short term courses like digital marketing, animation or something related as per your choice.
If you have any choice to have a business, then take support from parent s and move ahead. But please judge yourself first before investing for the same as you are going to your your parent's hard earned money.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    03 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There is no point in persuing a course for which you don't have inclination. Moreover you lack interest in the particular profession. In order to get success in any field, you need to develop some sort of inclination so that you can shine in the field so chosen.
In case, you want to go in business, you should have a frank discussion of the same with your parent indicating the area of your choice in which you want to go ahead for business - purpose. A lot of exercise is necessary prior to investment of money in that direction. There are numerous areas in which you can think of taking up business such as stationary, chemist - shop, printing- works, book - stalls and so on. Take it granted that there would be minimum revenue - generation from your business in the first year. This will be rather your testing - time of your patience and business- acumenship. Moreover, you have to face the tremendous completion of the market. In fact, you would learn many business tricks in the initial years and it may happen that there would be slight erosion of your capital. So, a cool approach would be needed to succeed in the business.
Considering all the pros and cons, you can go ahead for the business in the area you like most.