Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Is recovering lost contents worth?

Date: 03 Dec 2015    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Is really worth of recovering the below items from my smartphone Micro SD card. I am usually really nostalgic of collecting items, I had an SD card that got corrupted. It had Text Messages, WhatsApp Messages, Photos and App data.
Something is making me feel that I should spend some money on it. Can anyone suggest me as whether should I really go for such a recovery? Should I spend so much on such items?
I have contacted a professional data recovery firm, the cost is 20,000 INR. I ma confused? Is the cost worth the recovery?
Experts: do resolve my confusion.

Facing a loss of data from smartphone card? Wondering whether to spend for recovery? On this page, experts will provide you guidance.

Author: Mahesh    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Most of the professional data recovery firms are costly because they recover data more strongly. And that means the data recovered by those companies is more readable and more files compared to normal tools. So such companies charge higher. If you want data recovered for personal reasons then don't go to the company. Instead do it on your own by paying for some app or software. That way the money spend will be worth the data recovered. The thing about the data recovery is that it costs more for recovering large amount of corrupted or removed data. The cost of mining such data gets higher for professional firms as they have to maintain their service and bills. If your content is not professional and more of personal in nature then doing it on your own makes sense.

Author: [Anonymous]    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

@mahesh,

The memory card is hard corrupted, I tried all recovery software, but the card is not detecting in a PC. Recovery softwares were of no use.