Ask Experts » Computers » Software »

What to do after 12th?

Date: 03 Dec 2015   Posted By: abhishek khandelwal     Group: Computers    Category: Software   

I am going to appear for 12th this year and after that I want to do BCA. I am a science student but I don't want to do BTech. I have keen interest in computer and I am performing well and want to make my future in this field. What should I study after 12th?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Interested in Science? wondering what to do after 12th? Check out advice from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author may complete BCA course after 10+2 as mentioned by him in his question. It is a three years degree course. However it may be noted that completing BCA course from a reputed institution with very high academic performance will be helpful in further career progression. After BCA, MCA can also be completed. Another option for the author is to complete ITI course in Computer Operator and Programme Assistant after 10+2 and later after joining some suitable job, complete BCA through distance learning mode followed by MCA.

Author: [Anonymous]    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Abhishek,
You have the answer for your query. You have mentioned that you want to pursue BCA after successful completion of your 12th examinations.
I could not get any point of confusion here.
You are doing well in you studies. So, it is better to leave the tension of after 12th studies and focus completely on your 12th Board examinations.
Once you will qualify 12th with excellent grades, you will be having much more options to pursue. Even if it is BCA, you will be able to get admission in good and reputed college for the same.

If your parents are insisting you to go for B.Tech. try to convince them that your are more interested in doing BCA. Many times, parents consider the social status of degree for their children and this may be the reason they want you to go for B.tech.

If you want to be with your parents, you may go for B.Tech in computers. This will give to chance to fulfill your as well as your parents dream.
Please note that the value of B.tech is higher than BCA in terms of getting a good job.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

If you are really serious in making career in computer - field, you may take up BCA , which is a three - year degree course making you conversant with all the computer related techniques. You need to keep this thing in mind that a consistent performance in all your examination will have a favourable effect on the mind of the Employer and ultimately you will land into a lucrative job. Moreover, the another point which must be noted is that the degree obtained must be from a reputed Institute.
Later, if you desire, you can take up MCA for your further study in order to create a better - prospect in Service- career. However, you must focus on the basic concept of all the relevant tools in your computer field. Develop your personality in such a way that you can represent your skill before the Board of Interview without any hesitation. Clarity in approach is essential.
In this regard, I would like to suggest you to go ahead for B. Tech - a four year degree course in Engineering. In that way, you would save time where as the completion of BCA + MCA would take six years. Moreover, the channel of promotion by acquiring the B.Tech degree in Computer - science would be faster than simply carrying out a BCA degree.
Before taking up any decision, you must take up the facts into consideration.

Author: Dhruv    05 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 8  (Rs 8)    Voting Score: 0

Abhishek, since your class 12th exams are nearing, what I will advice is concentrate in your board exams first. There is hardly any time left before the exams. You should devote whatever time is left towards your studies. Don't get yourself diverted now. Even I will say that you should avoid being on the net as much as possible. Use it only for your studies, getting information and may be sometimes for recreation.

Regarding your interest in computers, I will like to add that you should not limit or restrict yourself to BCA only. There are numerous courses through which you can get a degree in computers. You can get a degree in computer science by joining a undergraduate course. You can go for computer engineering, which is conducted by most engineering colleges. Then there is the degree in information technology, again through engineering colleges and in heavy demand by students. The degree in computer science also covers the syllabus of computer applications. So if your interest is only computer applications then you can go for it. This course is also for 4 years and is definitely a lot better than the BCA courses of 3 years.

A BCA course is a limited one. Agreed you can do your MCA after BCA, but the employment opportunities remain very limited even after that. But a 4 year degree course in computers opens many frontiers for you. You can go for your masters. So Abhishek I will advice you to open your options. Don't just limit to BCA. You may repent later. So the best thing to do now is focus in your 12th exams. A very good result will help in getting admission at a very good college, which also matters in getting a good job.

Author: jenny    06 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You have a clear picture of what you have to do in your mind.You state that you are doing well in the academics. Then pursue your dream course. Do not get worried and tensed. Study well and prepare for your board exams. When you are confident of what you have to do then go for it. B.C.A is a highly demanding course, you can further go for your post graduation in M.C.A. There are ample job opportunities for the computer students in the fields of computer technology. education, industrial sectors, government organizations, banking and insurance companies etc.

Author: [Anonymous]    14 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Abhishek,
Good question friend and I am happy to see your positive attitude about your future. I advised that first and foremost you have to concentrate on your board exams, because if you score well in your board exam you will be more confident and apply in many higher universities.

After your Board Exam -

I have advised that if you are interested in computer science field, then you have two options.

1) First doing engineering with computer science field.
2) Complete graduation with BCA.

Focus on Government Jobs-

There are other options available, you can also prepare for government services while studying your current courses.
Buy some books which helps to crack government services and prepare at home itself.General knowledge is the main base to crack government services so, buy some good general knowledge books like LUCENT.

Author: hemant    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

greetings,
Now as you said you dont want to go for b tech . IT and CS engineering is out of way, Now being computer lover you should go for graduate course in computers. BCA is good option but now there are ample courses available in computers right from programming, gaming, app designing, languages and big list to follow,
what I will suggest that first of all go for a graduate degree and your basics be strong, after which you will be able to choose your specialized field for further studies

now if at all you will be able to consider engg as a option you can go for IT or CS engg and also equip yourself with other recent courses.
best of luck

Author: Bhaskar Islam    14 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Before jump to the conclusion, you must understand the pros and cons of BCA vs BE/BTech (CS).
BCA is a degree course. After completing BCA you have to go for MCA for getting a good IT career.

Pros:
BCA/MCA is purely designed for software industry. Hardware related subjects are not included here. But BE syllabus is concentrate on both hardware and software. So logically BCA/MCA is more related with software industry.

Cons:
As per IT company norms MCA is equivalent to BE/BTech. Its rare to get a good job after BCA. So Here the conclusion is BCA + MCA will take 6 yrs to make you job ready whereas BE/BTech will take only 4 yrs.

Hope it will help you to choose the right path.
All the best.