Ask Experts » Cities and Places » Services »

Where to store goods temporarily in Mumbai?

Date: 03 Dec 2015   Posted By: Donato     Group: Cities and Places    Category: Services   

I would like to know about reputed storage services where I can rent out a warehouse to stock my things temporarily in the city of Mumbai. Please give me the names of firms offering such services and their contact numbers.

Need to keep your good in temporary storage in Mumbai? Check out the suggestions provided below about reputed storage services in Mumbai.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Due to the problems of Octroi and transportation difficulties, nowadays godowns and where houses are all located outside Mumbai and even outside the connected suburbs. Godowns are flourishing in Bhiwandi area which also is now getting congested. Godowns are also being used in Navi Mumbai areas.

But if you deal in clothes, then there are areas in the popular cloth markets like Kalbadevi etc. There are many liaison agents and you may contact them. But most work done there is bringing the load and despatching it as per custom order. There are still areas like Kurla etc where you may be able to get some places, but it needs help of a well connected liaison agent. You may also try advertising in classified pages of popular local papers and tabloids.

Author: Kailash Kumar    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

In case the author is talking about household goods to be stored temporarily due to transfer etc. to another city, Agarwal Packers and Movers Ltd. offer 'Home Storage' services. They also offer 'Warehousing Services'. There 24X7 call center numbers are 09860015001 and 1800116001.

Author: [Anonymous]    04 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The storage service are difficult to avail due to the octroi and LBT rules.
It is difficult to bring stocks inside Octroi limit just for storing purposes. Mumbai has Octroi check nakas at Airoli, Vashi and Dahisar where all the carriage vehicles are checked along with their documents.

Even if the personal vehicles are loaded with bags and boxes, the officers check them also.
So, I would like to know your requirements exactly.
If it is solely for storing, you may need to get some documents like the purchase orders or Invoicing details etc.

Author: Donato    15 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

I need to store my furniture, books and clothes. I did my research and I found BoxMySpace. Have you heard of them?