Ask Experts » Doctors » Dermatology »

How to develop a good mustache and beard?

Date: 04 Dec 2015   Posted By: rohit     Group: Doctors    Category: Dermatology   

I am 25 years, but I don't have a sufficiently good mustache and beard on my face. I wish to grow them nicely. Are there any medicines for it? My friends tease me and I am scared of getting married since my mustache & beard have not developed. Would it affect my personal life?

Worried about having a poorly developed mustache and beard? Check out the suggestions provided at this Ask Expert page on how to grow them well.

Author: Kailash Kumar    05 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Some of the steps may be as follows -
1. Include Vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E in the diet. Increase protein intake.
2. Sleep well, quit smoking, clean skin regularly and manage stress.
3. Use a cream or moisturizer with eucalyptus as an ingredient.
4. Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Avoid sweets and fast food.
5. Exfoliate or remove dead skin cells once in a week.
6. Do facial massage to increase blood circulation.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    05 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Growing beard and moustache has no relationship with marriage and successful conjugal life. If that was so, all the beautiful girls would fall for Sadhus with long beard and Sardarjis. Males of Mongoloid origin or clean-shaven people like me would have to wait eternally for marriage.

However, if you want to grow beard and moustache, you have to keep your face clean by washing with plain water regularly. Then adopt the following simple procedure:-

(a) Shave your face everyday for a week.
(b) Thereafter, don't shave for another week.
(c) Continue this shaving schedule for six months.
(d) You would be astonished by the growth of your beard and moustache after six months.
(e) After growing the moustache, massage it with oil and give due care for further growth.

Author: [Anonymous]    06 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

The common way to have good beard and mustache is to trim them regularly.
Do shave on regular basis, does not matters whether it has grown or not.
This will help you if your case is normal.

If this does not help you out, do consult some doctor because growth of beard and mustache is controlled by body hormones and irregular secretion may result in slow growth and even no growth of beard and mustache.

I do not think that absence of beard or mustache will lead you to suffer your married life but I want not know whether you have a bit hard skin on cheeks or not? Shaved face without beard and face actually without beard are two completely different cases.
If you have later case, do please consult a doctor because beard and mustaches are secondary physical characteristics for masculine gender and need to observed for proper sexual growth.

Please do not panic after reading my response because it is not to tense you. Do follow the regular procedure and still you do not get result, then consult a doctor.