Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

How to apply for a Networking job for freshers

Date: 04 Dec 2015   Posted By: Rishabh Sharma     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I am a 2015 Batch pass-out of B.Tech with my last year cleared and some backlogs are there and the results are awaiting for them. Can I apply to any Core Company of networking for a job? I am in great need of a job at present. Can you please help me out by suggesting what should I do and which companies are taking freshers with backlogs?

Eager to get a networking job in a reputed company? Get expert career guidance for freshers looking for jobs in networking.

Author: Kailash Kumar    05 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think the Government Organizations and reputed companies will consider the job application only when final degree is obtained to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria. However smaller private companies and unorganized sector may consider application of any candidate at their discretion after evaluation of the capability of the candidate. The author should search for a job on various resources like ISC and try to grab any job at first available opportunity without being choosy, as nowadays there is very stiff competition in the job market. Even a low paid job at a remote location should be accepted. After joining any job, further efforts can be made for finding better jobs.

Author: [Anonymous]    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As per my views, it is not possible to have a good and reputed job with your incomplete degree.

It is better to have a trainee or intern kind of job on lower salary initially. This designation will not be associated with much work load and you will be having good time to focus on your subjects which are still due.

So you will have be small earnings for a time being but once you complete the degree, you can be promoted to regular employee level with good salary.

Author: Seema Shah    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Most It MNCs and medium scale companies have norms for cutoff as anything between 55 to 60 % and no backlogs.
Companies are looking out for people who are good and hard working and also have a positive attitude. So what is it that you have done along with studying for backlogs? If your time is spent in a worthwhile manner and has been a value add, then small scale companies and startups may consider your situation and offer you a job.
So I would suggest that you join a small company with any relevant profile and start gathering experience. Over a period of time, take some international certification and then go in for a bigger scale company. The cutoff rules are relaxed slightly if you have done really well for yourself, contributed to the organization and are outstanding.