Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

How to find a job in a foreign country?

Date: 06 Dec 2015    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am pursuing MBA in International Business from a reputed CDL university. I've DELF B1 (French) and DELE A2 (spanish) with more than 6 years of experience in BPO as a "Bilinigual expert (French and English)".
I need some suggestions. I want to settle abroad, but, by getting any job offer (with the working visa). Basis on current profile, how could I find any opportunity in any francophone country (or any other European country), from India? Or, shall I wait to complete my education and then start gunning for any opportunity?
Experts: please advice.

Looking out for information about finding a job in foreign country? Then on this page, experts will provide you advice.

Author: Kailash Kumar    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion simultaneously with pursuing MBA, the author should launch a research project on searching suitable opportunity by visiting websites of potential employers and find their terms and conditions. One of the main issues is work visa which varies from country to country. The question raised by the author s quite broad based. Spending some time daily on researching over a period of time is likely to yield first hand information to the author.

Author: Seema Shah    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I would suggest that you check out AISEC, IAESTE or Internship options on company websites abroad. There may be some openings, provided a trip abroad is affordable to you.
An internship abroad will definitely widen your horizons, provide you global exposure, give you a fair idea of culture and lifestyle.
You can get a visa easily for an internship, the embassy needs a letter from the company where you are going to intern.
This abroad work experience will be a stepping stone to getting a good job abroad.
During the last semester of your studies start hunting for job opportunities abroad. I am sure something will come your way. Keep on checking websites for jobs. Keep your mind open to also opt for Internship which can convert into a job after 6-12 months. If you are outstanding and contribute well to the organization, then you will definitely land a good job.

Author: Mahesh    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In case of Europe the best option is to get recruited in the company that does outsourcing. And this way you can get opportunity to get frequent work options in specific country set by the company. You can also go through consultancy options. Though working in EU is harder considering, not many countries are open for direct application. You can also get recruited by EU or US based companies and ask them for the offshore work option. Most companies allow such option after working for around 3-4 years.