Is it Ok to include double distance education qualifications in job resume

Date: 06 Dec 2015   Posted By: harry     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed MBA in 2011-2013. At present I'm doing M.SC Psychology and M.A (HRM) in two different universities. Both are in (2015-2017) distance education . I'm planning to work as a professor in colleges after a year and it is my personal interest too. My doubt is: is it legal to show in my resume or it won't be accepted at the time of job?

Acquired a double post graduate degree in distance education & unsure whether it is right to mention in your job resume for a teaching career? Check out the feedback from this Ask Expert page.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    06 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4    Voting Score: 0

In India, double Graduation is not allowed. The rule is silent about double Post-Graduation in the same year. However, I can say that you have to register yourself in an University to pursue Post-Graduation. For joining another University, you require Migration Certificate from the former University. Without Migration, you can't register yourself in another University. So, I think, doing Post-Graduation from different Universities simultaneously is not permissible. Even if it is allowed, you may have to face lots of questions in future in this regard.

(P.S.: This question should have been posted in 'Ask Experts' Section.)

Author: Seema Shah    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

According to me: you cannot opt for two full time degrees irrespective of whether it is UG or PG. Since this is not allowed as per any university norms.
But there is no such restriction for distance degree. The reason being that the distance degree application form does not have any undertaking that you cannot do another distance degree along with it. so doing two distance degrees simultaneously is not a problem as long as you can manage.
In teaching position interviews, they do not recognize a distance degree and hence it does not matter.

Author: [Anonymous]    07 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Before replying to your query, I have one query- When you have interest in teaching profession, why did you opted for these diverted degrees?

In India, you cannot show 2 degree from same year, so it is better to mention about job relevant course at the time of an Interview. Because panel will be interested in the qualifications which are related to the job they are going to offer you.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    08 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

As you have indicated that you are persuing two courses simultaneously in order to show them for the teaching profession. Continuation of two courses for the same session is not allowed in India- be it PG or otherwise. However, this is applicable for the regular courses.
Since your courses are from distance education and as such it should not create any problem. In your case, to show these qualifications in your resume would not pose any problem.