Ask Experts » Computers » Blog and websites »

How to add link in Wikipedia?

Date: 06 Dec 2015   Posted By: locoval     Group: Computers    Category: Blog and websites   

I trying to add link to Wikipedia since last one month, but have not been successful. Can anyone give me guidance on how to add a link? My website is locoval.com and I need to know who to link it in Wikipedia.

Having problems in providing a link in Wikiepedia? Get expert guidance on the correct procedure.

Author: Lovi Garg    06 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you want to link to an article, but display some other text for the link, you can do so by adding the pipe "|" divider (SHIFT + BACKSLASH on English-layout and other keyboards) followed by the alternative name. Place the article you want to link to before the pipe divider, and the text to be seen after the pipe divider. Two examples:
1. :[[Fox Broadcasting Company|Fox]] In the finished article, the text will read 'Fox', and link to the article called 'Fox Broadcasting Company'.

2. :[[Queen (band)|Queen]] and [[Queen (chess)|Queen]] will both display as Queen, but link to very different articles.