Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Will difference of address create problems for admissions and jobs?

Date: 07 Dec 2015   Posted By: Pappu     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

In a situation where address of an identity card is different from Aadhar card due to shift of residence, is it an issue? Will both be accepted for employment and admission purposes?

Worried that your residence address differs from that on your Aadhaar card? Find out from experts if it will affect your prospects for admissions and jobs.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    08 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

There is absolutely NO problem for the purpose of employment or admission if address is changed. However, if residence is shifted between the process of submission of application and the selection, it is necessary to intimate the change of address to the appointing authority or recruiting authority, so that the appointment letter or interview is not delivered at wrong address.
Same is applicable for admission procedure.

Author: Kailash Kumar    08 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In case there is only one address of residence then it is advisable to have the correct address only in all the documents. In case the address is to be updated in the identity card, then it should be done without delay by approaching the authority who has issued the same. Address in the Aadhar Card can also be updated even by uploading necessary documents online. I find no reason to not to update address wherever necessary and have wild guesses about its acceptability or otherwise.

Author: [Anonymous]    08 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, there will not be any problem because of change in address.

The only thing which you need to check is whether the job is having any kind of location based criteria for selection or not. If yes, then check it with your current address. That is it.

Most of times, such application forms have 2 options to fill-
1. Permanent address
2. Current Address

It shows that they agree and accept the change in addresses of candidates.

Author: Mahesh    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Jobs only require you to show the current residential address. And there seems to be no need for the different address to that certificates or degree. So you don't have to worry about that.

Some of the educational institutes however require you to mention the current address in the forms. So the address on the earlier educational certificate could be different. And to manage that issues most of the times the forms are the one that manage such issues. So if you are filling the joining form of university or the college then things should sort out that way.

Just make sure you fill out the address as permanent and the temporary address, based on the fields given to you. That way things can be sorted.

Author: hemant    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

It's hardly a problem now a days as while applying for the admissions generally they provide place for current address where you can fill your present one, also after the email made compulsory for forms its hardly a chance to miss any communication as online communication are generally done by organisation, but to avoid any suspicions and doubt replace your address to current one.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Admissions    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Farheen Khan
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.