Board change from Cambridge to CBSE

Date: 08 Dec 2015   Posted By: Ayushi     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am studying in class 9 and my father is planning to get a transfer next year from Mumbai to Delhi. Right now I am in Cambridge Board and my parents are planning to change my board to CBSE.
Can I get admission in a CBSE school in tenth?
Awaiting for earnest responses from experts.

Wondering about how to handle a Board change? Find responses from experts here.

Author: Seema Shah    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Well, the choice of transfer is not in your hands.
So you need to write or call the nearby CBSE schools in Delhi and enquire. Probably they will be able to offer admission in Xth.
Note that Xth is a very important year of your life.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It depends upon the vacancy in the school. If there is vacancy in Class-Xth in your chosen school, you can take admission. But chance is very less, because generally very few vacancies are available in Class-Xth. However, one can only hope......

Author: Kailash Kumar    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

As already mentioned by the authors above, it primarily depends on the availability of vacant slots in the CBSE board schools at new place. Even admission in Cambridge Board school will depend on the available vacancy. The author should leave this matter to his father only and at his own level should fully concentrate on the studies. There is not much difference in various boards. The syllabus is comparable in all boards. Taking into account the possibility of transfers in future also, it will be better to switch over to CBSE board.

Author: [Anonymous]    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The schools usually starts admission process for next session from January, so you or your father may select the school and register with one.
Change of board does not matters because you are not asking for admission during mid session.

The school authority may ask for some sort of writing examination or an interview and depending upon your performance, they will decide to approve your admission or not.
So, it is not a big deal. Do not worry about it and focus on your studies.

Lastly, do not forget to get Migration letter from your current school which will be required in your new school.