Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Need help in changing career after a gap of 5 years in BPO job

Date: 09 Dec 2015   Posted By: monika     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I am 31 years old and have 5 years experience BPO sector. After that I got married and had to leave my job. In between I have completed my BEd and have also cleared CTET exam. Since I have a daughter I would like to choose teaching or any job that requires less stress and time. How I should start finding a job? I have prepared my resume and submitted but I am not getting anything suitable. What should I do? Is there any genuine online job which I can do? I heard there are some jobs in HRTE at ISC as well (online and teaching). I have registered but i am unable to get any proper link. Can experts please suggest?

Want to get into the teaching profession? Looking out for how to start? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think there may be certain other conditions like the location of the job should be the home city of the author and the work place may not be far away from the authors home etc. One of the options may be to contact all schools in the surroundings and offering services as a teacher. Regarding teaching job at ISC, as far as I know there is no such system. The author can earn money by contributing in various sections like articles section, ask expert sections and posting jobs / information about colleges/universities, courses etc.

Author: [Anonymous]    09 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Monika,
You have not mentioned about your specialization.
Now days, merely having B.Ed. degree does not help in getting good teaching jobs. There are other grade level exams like RPSC which needs to be cleared by the candidates.

I am happy to see your zeal to work and support your family financially.
But experience in BPO will also not going to help you out in the same.

I personal advice is to start tuition classes in your locality. This will give to many benefits like:-
1. Freedom to select your own working hours.
2. Free to attend your daughter when ever it is required.
3. Gaining experience in teaching line.

When you will have good experience of teaching, your daughter will also be younger and that time you can get a job in private institutes.

About online earning, ISC is the best and reliable site to earn the way you want.
Here you just need to write good articles at your own time ans submit. You will get paid depending upon the topic and quality of your article.
Apart from articles, you can also earn here by answering the queries in Ask Expert section, by participation in various contest we have on regular basis and many more.
Here you will have many instances to learn some thing new for your self also.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    10 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I do appreciate your inclination for teaching. To initiate earning in the teaching line, you have to analyse the the area which would suit you most in this line. You have to select the subjects for which you had special fascination in your college/ school days. The locality for tution can be chosen nearest to area where you are living. Start coaching four to five students in a group and with the passage of time, you may see many students are pouring in in your coaching centre.
In this area, there is substantial income provided you can attract students with your knowledge and diplomacy. Initially, you may charge some less amount to attract the prosperous students. In this area, you need devotion, sincerity and excellent expertise in the subject you have chosen.
Depending upon your rapport, you may get assignments for teaching in the schools adjacent to your locality.
If you have inclination in contributing articles in some established magazines, don't forget ISC channel where you would get recognition for your talent apart from earning money for your articles.
Start your life with an optimistic note and many interesting events would follow in the time to come.

Author: jenny    27 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

If you have a teaching degree then you directly approach the schools in your locality and submit the resume. If there are vacancies you will be getting the job. Schools will have vacancy as some or the other reason the teachers would have left the jobs or would have gone on leave for long vacations. So the possibility and chances of getting the jobs in schools is positive.

The managements of schools usually appoint teachers the before the academic session starts. So do not delay approach the institutions and submit your resume.

Also you can start giving tuitions in your neighbourhood as this would give an exposure to syllabus, topics and become familiar so that you can prepare well for the demo classes for your job.

As part time job you can earn money on ISC by posing articles and giving responses in ask expert section, posting old question papers and earn cash and rewards. By being regular and active in ISC you can earn special awards and cash. Go through forum section for announcements and competitions.

Till you get a job you can also register for some genuine survey sites which awards cash and vouchers which would be of help to you for time being. You can also opt for free lancing.

If you are good at any other skills make use of it to earn money there are many sites which will help you to use the skills to earn. For example stitching, tailoring, making handicrafts etc.

Author: Bhushan    14 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You can post many Job portal website from sitting at Home i found one Link by searching it please see this Uniform resource locator here is that
http://teach.com/great-educational-resources/10-great-teacher-job-websites and alternatively at the time of May of every year where admissions and recruitment's are going you can go and drop your resume in Schools.

Read related posts: 5